2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2022 9:33 PM by Rahul Tiwary

Republish from Informatica MDM 10.1

Ajay Kumar Active Member

Hi,

Good morning. Hope you are doing well. There is one base object having one underlying xrefs from a single source. What is the best way to republish the message so that the message is again placed on message queue.

Background: The integration software fails to deliver the JMS message placed on MDM message queue to downstream system. The integration team wants MDM team to resend the message.

Observation: The message can be triggered by updating the one of the monitored field. We are hoping to find a way to republish without need to update the actual record.

What might also help me: How to create the next value for ROWID_MQ_DATA_CHANGE for C_REPOS_MQ_DATA_CHANGE table.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,

Ajay Kumar

• 1. Re: Republish from Informatica MDM 10.1
          Subbu K Guru

Recommended approach is to reset the flag sent_state_id to 0 on c_repos_mq_data_change.

However, if you plan to send all the old data, I don't think you would be able to find all the data on the above table. That's where the challenge could be.

Below is an option that is worth a try, however, it comes with its own risk.

You can manually insert the record into c_repos_mq_data_change table with a valid MQ Rule ID that is existing. From what I understand, this should not cause any harm except for sending the messages downstream. You would need to cross check this logic very well in a test environment before proceeding with this logic.

• 2. Re: Republish from Informatica MDM 10.1
            Rahul Tiwary Seasoned Veteran

For re-processing you can follow the step that Subbu suggested. To get the next value of the ROWID_MQ_DATA_CHANGE, you need to look at C_REPOS_SEQUENCE table, below query would help to get the current sequence no being used

SELECT * FROM C_REPOS_SEQUENCE where SEQUENCE_NAME='C_REPOS_MQ_DATA_CHG_SEQ'