6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2021 11:50 AM by Mohsin Asif

Real-time data changes in PIM 10

Mohsin Asif Seasoned Veteran

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way in PIM 10.1 to export realtime data changes? We want to capture  changes to particulars fields for both items and products and send them to another system. Can we use pim api/audit trail or any other way to do this?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Real-time data changes in PIM 10
          Stefan Reinhardt Guru

Hi Asif,

since Product 360 10.1 the Audit Trail logging is based on an MQ and drops of data after it has been updated. With that it is also possible to add a custom MQ that listens to the data changes the same way.

So I think what comes closest to your request is to instantiate a custom Active MQ and listen to all the drops coming from P360 into it.

Would that go into the right direction?

Best,

Stefan

• 2. Re: Real-time data changes in PIM 10

Hi Stefan,

Is there any way I can listen to "P360_BATCHAPI" messages directly?

by custom ActiveMQ you mean that I need to create a new queue and listen to that queue?

• 3. Re: Real-time data changes in PIM 10
              Stefan Reinhardt Guru

Theoretically yes I guess but wouldn't recommend to introduce potential co consumers to the rather standard queues used for communication with ActiveVOS or Audit Trail but rather add a new one for your purpose which is not so complicated:

Here is an example to orientate on. It works without BPM or DQ licenses active and uses an additional queue called "CAI":

Add the following content to the Message Queue Settings section of the Product 360 server.properties file.

#Response Queue - custom add
              queue.cai.type = ${queue.default.type}
              queue.cai.writer.count = ${queue.default.writer.count}
              queue.cai.consumer.count = ${queue.default.consumer.count}
              queue.cai.url = ${queue.default.url}
              queue.cai.username = ${queue.default.username}
              queue.cai.password = ${queue.default.password}
              queue.cai.message.format = XML
              queue.cai.name = P360_ToCustomQueue
              queue.cai.label = CAI
              queue.cai.delivery.delay = ${queue.default.delivery.delay}

Additionally, In the Informatica BPM Settings section of the server.properties file, in the Communication mode QUEUE content, modify the infa.bpm.trigger.queue.ids value to include additional IDs for new BPM queues.

infa.bpm.trigger.queue.ids = bpm,cai

You will need to restart the Product 360 server for these changes to take effect.

Add a new Entity changed trigger in Product 360. In the Start conditions, check Modification field and populate it with Article.CurrentStatus.

Set this configuration’s [Communication] to Message Queue and set the [Queue] to CAI.

[Service endpoint] is required by Product 360 to be filled, but not used for this example. You must enter something, e.g. “not used”, in order to save the configuration. You may use this in your own process for additional logic.

Hope this helps!!

Stefan

• 4. Re: Real-time data changes in PIM 10

Thank you Stefan, I will try this. I am unable to see to some of the images you attached in this post. It takes me to a single sign on page.

• 5. Re: Real-time data changes in PIM 10
                  Stefan Reinhardt Guru

Thanks for the hint. I have updated the images

• 6. Re: Real-time data changes in PIM 10

Thanks Stefan. I will try your solution and add an update here.