7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2021 4:01 AM by Anton Minkin

PowerCenter session hangs

Anton Minkin New Member

Hi!

I'm a newbie Informatica user and I have a problem with running workflow, that was made according with PoweCenter tutorial (lesson 5):

Running the Workflow

All stuff from tutorial was done and after workflow started it's never ends. Workflow Monitor shows task as Running and in statistic for D_PROMOTIONS target there is start time exists but no end time.

Workflow monitor screenshot

I can only abort this session. There is no any errors in WF monitor logs and PC IS logs from the server side. I enabled debug level for integration service and got this:

Power center integration service logs screen

It's repeating over and over the same messages (partial log attached):

LM_36278 : Processing request to update the session run for [Session task instance [s_PromoItems]] and [ folder id = 3, workflow id = 18, workflow run id = 2147483640, worklet run id = 0, task instance id = 13 ].

Restarting services and whole node doesn't helped.

And even when I'm using debugger in mapping designer all works correctly up to last row and then hangs - debugger can't get status or set breakpoint.

Sending request to goto next instance... Integration Service acknowledged the request to step to next instance. The current transformation is SEQ_PromoItemID. Integration Service is Ready. Sending request to goto next instance... Integration Service acknowledged the request to step to next instance. Sending request to shutdown the debugger... Sending request to break now... Sending request to get current status... Timed out while receiving a reply from the Integration Service. Timed out waiting for a reply from the Integration Service. Clean shutdown failed, forcing shutdown of the debugger... Warning: TCP/IP shutdown not successful. Debugger shutdown complete.

My version of informatica - 10.4.1, installed on win 8.1... Yes, this is not server OS, used for education only. I'll try with another domain on OEL 7.9 soon.

Database for PC repository - Postgres 14, database for tutorial - oracle 19, connected via ODBC.

Question is: how can I understand what's going wrong?

Help please...