8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2021 11:32 AM by Santosh Gade

Configure Powercenter repository with Windows authentication ID

Kavitha Jimnath New Member

We have installed and configured informatica domain and node in windows server.

While creating powercenter repository service using window authenticated DB ID with trusted connection enabled at advance configuration.

User ID argument is not passing and hitting OBJM_54538 error.

After enabling trusted connecting restarting the informatica service also and service started using the same windows authentication ID.

• 1. Re: Configure Powercenter repository with Windows authentication ID
          David Lopez Cruz Guru

Please, could you confirm if the Repository Service has been created?

It seems it has been created if you are getting:

OBJM_54538 - Unable to connect to the repository on database

Please, confirm if you can connect to the database from the Informatica server using any other tool and the same ID.

• 2. Re: Configure Powercenter repository with Windows authentication ID

Hi David,

Thanks for your time and reply.

As the repository service not enabled successfully when I configure windows  authentication ID.

I have tried using local SQL ID once and service was enabled successfully but I don't see any repository tables created in DB.

As I am trying to configure windows authentication ID, same ID configured as informatica service logon ID. Domain is configured using the same ID.

Kindly let me know, if any additional information required.

• 3. Re: Configure Powercenter repository with Windows authentication ID
              Nico Heinze Guru

Do I understand right that you want to run the Informatica domain with a Windows user ID abc while access to the PowerCenter repository DB shall be done with user ID xyz?

And both user IDs abc and xyz use domain authentication?

If my understanding is correct, I fear you can't go that route. If the Windows user ID to run the domain is a domain user ID, then you can access the PowerCenter repository DBs (as far as I understand it) only via local authentication for the DB user IDS or with the same user ID which runs the domain.

Regards,

Nico

• 4. Re: Configure Powercenter repository with Windows authentication ID

Hello Nico,

Trying to configure, window's authentication ID both at domain and repository level.

But hitting error while setting up PC repository.

Option#1 : Configured DSN without enabling tructed connection at repository level

Option#2: By enabling tructed connection at repository level.

Option#1 Node Log

serviceType service severity timestamp clientNode threadName pid messageCode message

RS REPO_test 3$_:_$INFO 11/05/2021 11:41:22.605 AM node02 496 4756 NTSERV_10010 Service stopped.

RS REPO_test 1$_:_$ERROR 11/05/2021 11:41:12.593 AM node02 496 4756 OBJM_54538 Unable to connect to the repository REPO_test on database HOSTTEST,75541@infadomdb.

RS REPO_test 1$_:_$ERROR 11/05/2021 11:41:12.593 AM node02 496 4756 REP_51002 Failed to logon to Database server

Windows authentication is used to access the Microsoft SQL Server database

[informatica][ODBC SQL Server Wire Protocol driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user ''.

SQLSTATE: 28000

Database driver error...

Function Name : Connect

Database driver error...

Function Name : Connect

Database Error: Failed to connect to database using user [] and connection string [HOSTTEST,75541].

RS REPO_test 3$_:_$INFO 11/05/2021 11:41:12.479 AM node02 496 4756 RCORE_59039 The Limit on Resilience Timeout is set to 180. The Resilience Timeout is set to 180. The heartbeat interval is set to 60.

RS REPO_test 3$_:_$INFO 11/05/2021 11:41:12.479 AM node02 496 4756 RCORE_59038 The High Availability option is turned on for the repository agent REPO_test.

RS REPO_test 3$_:_$INFO 11/05/2021 11:41:12.479 AM node02 496 4756 REP_51506 The "Database Pool Expiry Timeout" value is set to 3600 second(s). The "Database Pool Expiry Threshold" value is set to 5.

RS REPO_test 3$_:_$INFO 11/05/2021 11:41:12.479 AM node02 496 4756 RCORE_59005 Security audit trail has been turned off.

RS REPO_test 3$_:_$INFO 11/05/2021 11:41:12.479 AM node02 496 4756 REP_12401 Repository is now in [Normal] operating mode.

RS REPO_test 3$_:_$INFO 11/05/2021 11:41:12.463 AM node02 496 4756 REP_12151 Repository agent for repository [REPO_test] in domain [DOM_test] initializing on node [node02] on host [hosttest.domain.com.c].

RS REPO_test 3$_:_$INFO 11/05/2021 11:41:12.463 AM node02 496 4756 REP_51004 Informatica Repository Agent starting up.

RS REPO_test 3$_:_$INFO 11/05/2021 11:41:12.463 AM node02 496 4756 REP_51002 Informatica(r) PowerCenter Repository Service, version [10.4.1], build [349.0614], Windows 64-bit

Copyright (c) 1993-2020 Informatica LLC. All Rights Reserved.

See patents at https://www.informatica.com/legal/patents.html.

• 5. Re: Configure Powercenter repository with Windows authentication ID

Hi Nico, Do I need to create the DB with required access before repository creation? Please advise.

• 6. Re: Configure Powercenter repository with Windows authentication ID
                    JanLeendert Wijkhuijs Guru

Hi Kavitha,

It has been a while since I last dealt with this but if memory serves me right you need to have a username and password in the database properties which is dummy.
                    The user which runs the informatica process on your server must be granted access to the repository db.This is the only way or else it won't work

Screenshot of the database properties of the repository service would look like this.

It's the same with your workstation.
                    If your own windows account doesn't have access to a db you cannot use windows authentication by providing another account.

Hope this helps

Regards

Jan Leendert.

• 7. Re: Configure Powercenter repository with Windows authentication ID
                      Nico Heinze Guru

Obviously I didn't make clear what I mean. Here's another try.

I understand that the Informatica domain runs under a user ID set up in the Microsoft Active Directory (MS AD) of your environment. That's no problem on its own.

Now let's suppose you want to set up a PowerCenter repository.

For access to the repository DB, you have two choices, namely a user ID with authentication set up in SQL Server ("local user ID") or a user ID defined in MS AD.

No problem if you choose a user ID with "local authorisation" (the user ID is defined in SQL Server).

However, if you want to use a user ID defined in MS AD, then it has to be the same user ID under which the Informatica domain runs.

You cannot set up two distinct user IDs in MS AD so that one runs the Informatica domain and the other is used for access to the repository databases. The software simply doesn't allow such a combination.

At least that's what I recall.

Regards,

Nico

• 8. Re: Configure Powercenter repository with Windows authentication ID
                        Santosh Gade Guru

In the DSN , what is the authentication method used . Can you try with Authentication method =4