We have a logic/pattern used in creating the Interaction ID, so that the custom interaction ID created through SIF should not match the IDD generated Interaction ID.
You can refer to the KB Article - 180314, to get more information on the Interaction ID Generation.
Procedure to customize the Interaction_ID:
When a user generates INTERACTION_ID by themselves, then there is a high probability that they can generate a duplicate ID. However the Environment ID is a static three digit number and will not modify for any IDs that are generated by the Java Code for an environment. Thus when a user creates custom interaction IDs with last three digits which are not same as their environment ID (but a static one), for instance, xyz*444, they will be able to avoid duplicity of IDs.
To know what is the current environment’s ID, one needs to check the last three digits of interaction ID present in a Base Object.
Steps to verify above findings:
1. Enter multiple records from IDD and ensure that the last three digits of Interaction ID always remain the same.
2. Have a PUT call with customize interaction ID as mentioned above (Point no.2) with different but static last three digits, and test if you are able to operate on that record without any issues.
To generate interaction_id. you can write a logic by considering below points
1) Interaction is 19 characters max in length.
2) So if we define the interaction id then it is a format H1 L1 L2
H1 can have characters till max 13( you can get this value from
( select key_count from C_REPOS_SEQUENCE where SEQUENCE_NAME='C_REPOS_ID_SEQ' )
the key count no need to be 13 characters.
- LOW1 – 3-digit incremented value – when 999 is reached a new HIGH value is fetched from the database sequence and this is reset to 0.
- LOW2 – 3-digit environment ID – a constant value( select ENVIRONMENT_ID from C_REPOS_DB_RELEASE ) if the value is 0 then make it 000. if it is 40 make it to 040 like that
3)So you take some other value for LOW2 so internally MDM use that setp#2 LOW2 value so our logic never conflict with MDM internal logic interaction id generation
4)LOW1 keeps on the increase from 000 to 999. Once it reaches to 999 then increase the H1+1 like that...and reset LOW1 to 000
Ex:- Let take Key count from step 1 is 50000
and you fixed the LOW2 to 040.
Then the interaction ids are like
50000 000 040
50000 001 040
50000 999 040
50001 000 040