9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2021 8:51 AM by Asmita Joshi

Creating PC Repository giving error

Asmita Joshi Active Member

Hi,

I am working on Informatica 10.2 on RHEL 7.6. I am trying to create power center repository and getting below error.

REP_51002          Database driver event...Error occurred loading library [libclntsh.so.11.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]Database driver event...Error occurred loading library [libpmora8.so]

I tried solutions listed in for LD_LIBRARY_PATH and Oracle soft link as well.

OBJM_54538 - Unable to connect to repository on database

https://knowledge.informatica.com/s/article/505807?language=en_US

But no luck so far.

Any inputs will be appreciated.

AJ

• 1. Re: Creating PC Repository giving error
          Smitha HC Guru

Hi Asmita,

Have you restarted the services (domain) after setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable? I not, please restart the services otherwise the changes will not be taken into effect.

Also, you can try below command from $INFA_HOME/server/bin

ldd libpmora8.so

If any of the libraries is not able to expand completely then the environment variable is not set properly.

Thanks,

Smitha

• 2. Re: Creating PC Repository giving error

Thanks Smitha! It worked.

I need some more help. I am trying to restore the repository from client server to local server. I have repository back, what all things I should keep in mind and do. Note in this case neither Informatica server or database server is the same.

• 3. Re: Creating PC Repository giving error
              Nico Heinze Guru

Forget it. If, for example, your client runs on version 10.2 and you run on version 10.4.1, then you simply cannot restore their backup. Period.

There's a KB article about the version compatibility between different repository versions, and there are numerous discussion threads holding the same table, such as this one:

Support

You have to restore a repository backup in exactly the same repository version as the original repository. Afterwards you can upgrade that repository in the new version. But for that you need a database which can be accessed by both the old and the new version.

Furthermore please observe that the code page of the repository DBMS in the target system must be equal to or "greater" than the source repository DB code page. For example, if your source repository runs on an Oracle instance in UTF-8. you cannot restore the backup file to a SQL Server installation running in e.g. Latin-1. Simply impossible.

Regards,

Nico

• 4. Re: Creating PC Repository giving error

Thanks Nico! I came across many great responses from you. I knew this will be long shot but thought to give it a try but I understand it will not go anywhere.

So I one more issue I am facing (I am knew to informatica administration so please pardon my ingorance).

I have installed the informatica server 10.2.0 in linux and I have client in Windows.

When I am trying to connect to repository manager (any client for that matter) I am getting below error.

But I am able to login to admin console from same client machine.

Error:PCSF_46008 Cannot connect to domain to look up service[coreservices/DomainConfigurationService]

Thanks for your inputs in advance.

• 5. Re: Creating PC Repository giving error
                  Smitha HC Guru

Hi Asmita,

Looks like you have missed attaching the error message. Can you share the error message.

Thanks,

Smitha

• 6. Re: Creating PC Repository giving error

I edited my comment. I am getting below error.

Error:PCSF_46008 Cannot connect to domain to look up service[coreservices/DomainConfigurationService]

• 7. Re: Creating PC Repository giving error
                      Nico Heinze Guru

Can you please open the Administrator home page in a web browser and see  whether you can connect?

How much Linux experience do you have? I mean, is it normal for you to key in "ps -fu ..." statements and the like, or are these only strange mixtures of letters and strange characters to you?

No offense intended, I just want to know whether I can "feed" you with a little bit more experienced Linux stuff or whether I need to go step by step. And trust me, I'm anything but an experienced Linux admin myself.

Regards,

Nico

• 8. Re: Creating PC Repository giving error
                        user186817 Guru

Hi Asmita,

Were you able to connect to repository from your client?

Do you still need our help to solve that problem?

If your problem is finally resolved, please mark this thread as 'Answered'.

Regards,

Lluís

• 9. Re: Creating PC Repository giving error

Hi Nico,

Yes I can handle little more linux . I actually resolved this issue by following client configuration steps in informatica guide. So i am good for now.

Thanks