8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2021 12:24 PM by user126898

IICS - How do you use connection / source / target name coming from parameter file in DATA TASK ?

Kleber Rebello Seasoned Veteran

Hi, there.

I am trying to copy data from one DB to another via a reusable mapping task.

I have built a reusable, parameterized mapping task that I am using in a taskflow.

The taskflow currently has a couple of sequential data tasks pointing to that same mapping task.

There is an Assignment at the beginning of the taskflow setting hard-coded values for parameters for each source / target connection and source and target name as follows:

data task1, p_src_conn=SF Connection

data task1, p_tgt_conn=SYNAPSE Connection

data task1, p_src_tbl=Acct

data task1, p_tgt_tbl=SF_ACCT

data task2, p_src_conn=SF Connection

data task2, p_tgt_conn=SYNAPSE Connection

data task2, p_src_tbl=AcctRel

data task2, p_tgt_tbl=SF_ACCT_REL

This works fine.

Now I want to introduce a parameter file so as to replace those hard-coded values in the data tasks with these from the parameter file:

#USE SECTIONS

[Global]

$$p_src_conn=SF Connection

$$p_tgt_conn=SYNAPSE Connection

[User Folders].[User_KRJ].[s_SF_to_SYNAPSE_REUSABLE_MAPPING_TASK].[data task1]

$$p_src_tbl=Acct

$$p_tgt_tbl=SF_ACCT

[User Folders].[User_KRJ].[s_SF_to_SYNAPSE_REUSABLE_MAPPING_TASK].[data task2]

$$p_src_tbl=AcctRel

$$p_tgt_tbl=SF_ACCT_REL

Is the parameter file correctly written ? Where exactly in the data tasks do I reflect the information coming from the parameter file ?