6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2021 5:53 AM by Md Ahmed Aziz

C360 Application Task Manager Queue

Md Ahmed Aziz Guru

Hello Everyone,

We are having 3 source system coming to base object(A,B,C), and we have two different team as Data steward from two different source system,

so after running match job for manual merge record we need two different queues for these two team, like  (A-B) handles one tasks queue and (A-C)  by another. we are using Informatica 10.4 Customer 360 model.

While doing some research in provisioning tool, I found creating two application and assign them but the problem I saw was, each application can either handle only one source matches(A-A) or admin source which carries all source system, correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Please suggest how to handle this request.

Thanks,

Aziz

• 1. Re: C360 Application Task Manager Queue
          Sathiesh M Guru

Don't think multiple Application is going to help here. Any data steward can view any source system data, an application source system simply tells the record edits should create the XREF with that source system, doesn't stop from reading the BO record.

Match n Merge happens across all records, as in BO table we dont discriminate data based on source systems.

The understanding should be, a MDM application is there to consolidate data from all sources, else no need to bring the data from a particular system that needs to be standalone.

As for managing tasks, you can use Role based Field filters (previously called Data security filters) based on certain attribute values.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: C360 Application Task Manager Queue
            Md Ahmed Aziz Guru

Hi Sathiesh,

Got it thank you explaining it clearly. It would be very helpful if you can tell how to do or where I need to configure this Role based field filters.

Thank you for your quick response really appreciated,

• 3. Re: C360 Application Task Manager Queue
              Sathiesh M Guru

It can be configured on any field in the provisioning tool.

Pls refer - Field Filter Rules and User Roles

• 4. Re: C360 Application Task Manager Queue
                Md Ahmed Aziz Guru

Thank you Sathiesh I will work on this.

• 5. Re: C360 Application Task Manager Queue
                  kunal pandit Guru

Field Filter Rules and User Roles This might only work at the Entity Level and not the Task level. If your use case is to display certain data to a particular role after the Task is opened then the above approach will work fine.

However, if the filter needs to be done in the Task Manager itself where Role A sees Source A-B record Tasks (TaskTypeA) and Role C sees Source B-C record Tasks(TaskTypeB), then you will probably need a different approach.

You can configure 2 roles in provisioning and 2 different Task Types. You will need to customize the ActiveVOS workflow, where you create TaskTypeA Tasks in the workflow after checking in an IF condition - the rowid_system of the 2 rowid_objects in the match record or create TaskTypeB if the rowid_system is different. You can then define the potential owner role based on the correct TaskType and Role name combination.

This is based on the rule, that when a user logs into c360/e360 and goes to the Task Manager, we fetch all the Tasks for all the roles (which the user has access to) and Tasks for which these roles are the potential owners.

• 6. Re: C360 Application Task Manager Queue
                    Md Ahmed Aziz Guru

Hi Kunal,

Thank you for the brief explanation,