3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2021 1:26 PM by Tushar Patel

IICS: Getting error: Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Meet Patel New Member

Hi team,

I am doing IICS training and new to the tool. I have used PowerCenter but don't know much about admin side of things.

As per  training, I have created connection for Oracle Database and when I test the connection, it is successful. I have created one mapping which sources data from oracle and when I validate the query, it returns no errors. I am also able to preview the data.

However, when I try to run my mapping, I get the following error.

RR_4036 Error connecting to database [ [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified Database driver error... Function Name : Connect Database driver error... Function Name : Connect Database Error: Failed to connect to database using user [CDI] and connection string [Driver=DataDirect CLOSED 8.0 Oracle Wire Protocol for Informatica - R36;Host=localhost;ServiceName=orcl;Port=1521;UID=CDI;AS=6000000;EBL=0;ENS=1;IACP=4;ETWT=1;WorkArounds2=2;AllowedOpenSSLVersions=1.0.2;EnableEmptyLobs=1].].

Please help, I am stuck on this for a while now.

Thanks,