1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2021 5:09 AM by Ralph81

How to configure the Media Auto Assignment?

Bogdan Dan Biu Active Member

Hello,

We want to create a flow to auto assign media files that are having same name as the PIM Item No we want to map to. The media files we will receive into a specific folder into the server.

Right now I've followed the steps from the KB Support  by configuring the Workflows.

The workflows are working and entries are processed, but the only thing right now in PIM Desktop I have 25 errors with status Running (with errors).

The error message is:

D120001297434822 The automatic assignment for the document '750-0108034_1.jpg' cannot be performed: The specified configuration combined with the file name contains incorrect information. The valid parameter definition is: 'object type','object identifier','media asset type' and 'media asset language'. However, the file name specifies '2' component(s), and the configuration specifies the following default values: '1'. 24

Also into the Active MQ I see that are also 25 processes:

I've also attached the hmm.properties file, maybe something I did not configured good.

Right now I am blocked because:

- I don't know from where the workflow is processing the media files

- why I have the 25 errors into the PIM Desktop

- I am missing other configuration to do on the server in order to have the media auto assignment running as expected: 1234.jpg to be assigned to the PIM Item No = 1234 ?

Thank you for all the help,

Bogdan

• 1. Re: How to configure the Media Auto Assignment?
          Ralph81 Guru

Hi,

if you only send the item No via JMS you have to five fix values for the other 3 needed attributes.

MasterCatalog.autoAssignment.defaultValue.XXXX

Best Regards

Ralph

• 2. Re: How to configure the Media Auto Assignment?

Hi Ralph,

I've made the modifications :

Could you also tell me from where the workflow is getting the media file to be processed? Is there a path that I can modify?

I am asking this because there I need to copy the media files with the correct naming.

Thank you,

Bogdan

• 3. Re: How to configure the Media Auto Assignment?
              Ralph81 Guru

Hi Bogdan,

Article -> it will always assigned to an item/article

DE -> German so maybe en makes more sense if the Environment is used in en_US

normal -> not sure if there is such a Quality, As I remember there is for example Logo (check the Qualities in your client)

If you set is this way the process will do the following when uploading your 1234567.jpg

He will search for the identifier 1234567 on Article No. and will attach it to the language englisch as the quality Logo

So the assignment needs always this 4 attributes to link on a default objectFinder

If they are not in the file name you have to give them fix.

Thats how the standard Auto Assignment works.

I hope that short explanation helps.

Best Regards

ralph

• 4. Re: How to configure the Media Auto Assignment?

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the info it really helps me.

One more question, what is the path where I can find the 1234567.jpg file?

Thank you,

Bogdan

• 5. Re: How to configure the Media Auto Assignment?
                  Ralph81 Guru

Hi Bogdan,

why do you need the path? You upload the image into Media Manager, it will be processed by the MQ workflows and the assignment will be done there. The Images can be called in any Media Export via UNC.

Best Regards

Ralph

• 6. Re: How to configure the Media Auto Assignment?

Hi Ralph,

Understood, thanks.

Also I can assign a quality of 240x240 pixels per photo ? This is the minimum quality requested by business.

Thanks,

Bogdan

• 7. Re: How to configure the Media Auto Assignment?
                      Ralph81 Guru

Hi Bogdan,

if you upload an image you can make a Workflow to check the quality.

The Quality in P360 is not linked to quality of the Image its only like a Channel or Usage.

Also a Image can have Derivatives which can be created for different outputs in different Qualitys but still belong to the main asset. This Qualities can be called on the Export for the different channels

But if you need a general overview of the Product and his Options, maybe a training can make sense.

Best Regards

Ralph

• 8. Re: How to configure the Media Auto Assignment?

Hi Ralph,

Regarding the pattern of the media file that I need to configure into the hmm.properties I want to use the pattern like: test_1234_MediaType_Priority.png

So right now can you answer at the below questions:

1. How The hmm.properties file needs to be configure in order to have that type of pattern?

2. Can I have multiple media files with different Priority(1,2,3,4)?

3. Somehow a user can verify and accept/reject that media file before assigning to the PIM Item No?

Thank you,

Bogdan

• 9. Re: How to configure the Media Auto Assignment?
                          Ralph81 Guru

Dear Bogdan,

1.)

the resolve oder for Example

MasterCatalog.referenceAssignment.orderOfResolve=1;3;4;2

objectType ; mediaAssetType; objectIdentifier; mediaAssetLanguage

example: Article_Logo_123123123_en.jpg

is linked to this order here, so this is the way the Asset name should look like if no defaultValue is set.

MasterCatalog.autoAssignment.defaultValue.objectType=

MasterCatalog.autoAssignment.index.objectType=1

MasterCatalog.autoAssignment.index.objectIdentifier=2

MasterCatalog.autoAssignment.defaultValue.mediaAssetType=

MasterCatalog.autoAssignment.index.mediaAssetType=3

MasterCatalog.autoAssignment.defaultValue.mediaAssetLanguage=

MasterCatalog.autoAssignment.index.mediaAssetLanguage=4

if a default is set

MasterCatalog.autoAssignment.defaultValue.objectType=Article

MasterCatalog.autoAssignment.defaultValue.mediaAssetLanguage=EN

the Name will look like.

Logo_123123123.jpg

This Parameter is relevant

MasterCatalog.autoAssignment.defaultValue.mediaAssetPriority= 1

when you expect several images of the same mediaAssetType

2.) No in a catalog there is one resolve Order for MASTER and SUPPLIER

3.) This can be done if you change the Workflows. The Example workflows will always trigger but this can also be changed so if a user sets a Status, the Workflow will start which will do the assignment.

Example: Modify -> is status "assignment" set? -> Run the MQ Action Point

Hint: Its not recommended to have several Workflows which are triggering on the same event. Its recommended to have one Modify and one New Workflow with Checks which will end in a call workflow (Call Workflow Videos can be found in the KB)

Best Regards

Ralph

• 10. Re: How to configure the Media Auto Assignment?

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your examples and information.

I have one more question. If for example, objectIdentifier = Brand_1234 can this be somehow defined as into the hmm.properties?

Thanks,

Bogdan

• 11. Re: How to configure the Media Auto Assignment?
                              Ralph81 Guru

Hi Bogdan,

I think this description answers the question:

# Predefinition for object Identifier: the index of object Identifier must be predefined.

# ObjectIdentifier: the alphanumeric, unique identifier of the object the document should be assigned to.

# This identifier is valid for the type of objects given and within the context in which the

# notification works (a catalog for products or items)

MasterCatalog.autoAssignment.index.objectIdentifier=2

So no Names on the Standard Object Finder

Best Regards

Ralph

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                              • 12. Re: How to configure the Media Auto Assignment?

Hi Ralph,

Please stop me if I understood wrong. With the auto-assignment workflow I can assign only one media file to a PIM Item No?

If I want to assign multiple media files to one PIM Item No, is this possible?

Thanks,

Bogdan

• 13. Re: How to configure the Media Auto Assignment?
                                  Ralph81 Guru

Dear Bogdan,

if you assign multiple files to the same items, you need a different mediaAssetType

For example if there are Images for fron view, side view, top view or a logo. Thats where the Type comes into place.

Question: You asked about Brands, so do you have several Suppliers which are uploading Media Files so wouldn´t it be more comfortable to use the Supplier Upload for different Catalogs and Brands?

Best regards

• 14. Re: How to configure the Media Auto Assignment?

Hi Ralph,

The request from customer is:

As a PIM user I want that media files that I upload in the PIM are automatically assigned to the right items based on the file name (Pim item no.) so that users save time and media is correctly linked in the PIM.

Right now into Media tab we have multiple default images which has different Priority and the media file name is different than the PIM Item No.

When we will use the AutoAssignment flow, the media file name will be the same as the PIM Item No.

For example SACHS_0067676_en.jpg  will be assign to SACHS_0067676.

My question is, can I assign multiple media files as Default image type with different Priority as I have into the above screen shot?

Thanks a lot,

Bogdan

1 2 Previous Next