4 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2021 12:02 PM by Nico Heinze

ObjectImport

John Lyons Active Member

When I do object Import is there anyway in adding text to an object such as the description field of a workflow?

• 1. Re: ObjectImport
          Syed Aziz Guru

Hello John,

You can edit the XML file and update the description field.  Please ensure that there are quotes in comment fields of one or more objects being imported.  PowerCenter does not prevent a user from using quotes in the description field.  However, when this object is exported using XML export, the XML file format is not validated.

The best way might be modifying the object in PowerCenter (please no double quotes in the description field).  Then you will be able to export and import the XML files with description text.

Best regards,

Syed

• 2. Re: ObjectImport
            Pavani Mylaram New Member

Hi John,

Before importing, open the XML in any text editor and update the description field of the Workflow.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pavani

• 3. Re: ObjectImport
              John Lyons Active Member

Thank you for the responses. I was hoping not to go that route, only because I would want to automate the change and not screw up the XML.

• 4. Re: ObjectImport
                Nico Heinze Guru

Unfortunately there is no other way but to mess around with the XML file. There is no option of whatever kind in pmrep to change any contents to be imported.

Regards,

Nico