3 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2021 1:22 PM by Nico Heinze

Spl or junk character to be replaced in Informatica Target file

User6392 N Seasoned Veteran

Hi Team,

I am seeing a spl. character - Â when i convert the UTF-8 file to ANSI. I want to remove this junk in my target file. I tried using CHR(182), and CHR(194). Both did not work. Can you please tell the correct char code to replace this junk character using replacestr function in IICS?

• 1. Re: Spl or junk character to be replaced in Informatica Target file
          Nico Heinze Guru

That depends on the character set of your Integration Service (MS-1252? ISO 8859-15? Latin-1? Something else?).

Also, why do you want to replace letters just because they are no letters in American English?

It might help if you could please describe your complete assignment, then we might be able to give some really good advice instead of "only" telling you some character code.

And in case you're too impatient to describe the whole scenario, look up the character codes in Wikipedia depending on the character set of your machine.

Regards,

Nico

• 2. Re: Spl or junk character to be replaced in Informatica Target file
            Jharana Patra Guru

Hi ,

Since you are converting the super set of characters to subset ,the conversion of all characters will not be done as expected.

Please check for the original value which is getting truncated and converted to the special character .

If you want to replace only the above character you can use expression transformation and hardcode this value as string in the argument with your desired character.

REPLACECHR( 0, fieldname, 'Â', '"" )

Please refer the below article for reference.

REPLACECHR

• 3. Re: Spl or junk character to be replaced in Informatica Target file
              Nico Heinze Guru

One thing I forgot in my previous post: what's the code page of the target file? This information together with the info about the code page of the Integration Service is what you need to know in order to find out how best to deal with "strange" characters.

Although I still don't really understand why you want to remove special letters from your output text; I would really appreciate to understand the reason behind this request.

Regards,

Nico