10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2021 6:15 AM by John Naiderman

Connecting to Microsoft SQL Server Source using SQOOP

John Naiderman Active Member

Hi All,

I'm running a mapping with SPARK push-down that reads data from MS-SQL table and write the data to HDFS.

When I run the mapping in Native execution it is running fine, but with SPARK push-down I get the below error message:

Error executing statement: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Cannot open database "<db_name>" requested by the login. The login failed.

Here is a screenshot of the connection configuration I'm using:

connection string:

jdbc:informatica:sqlserver://<hostname>:1435;database=<db_name>;AuthenticationMethod=ntlmjava;domain=<domain>

SQOOP arguments

--connect jdbc:sqlserver://<hostname>:1435;database=<db_name> --verbose

The user is authenticating through Windows authentication and I suspect that when running with SQOOP it is not using the Windows authentication.

After some google search I also tried changing the SQOOP arguments to

--connect jdbc:sqlserver://<hostname>:1435;useNTLMv2=true;domain=<domain>;database=<db_name> --verbose

but I'm still getting the same error.

The Informatica version I'm using is 10.2.2 HF1.

Here are some few lines from the Mapping log (i can't attach the full log file due to security restrictions):

INFO: Running Sqoop version: 1.4.6.2.6.5.8-7

INFO: Instantiated ConnManager org.apache.sqoop.manager.SQLServerManager@1a32c3c1

INFO: Beginning code generation

INFO: Execute getColumnInfoRawQuery : SELECT t.* FROM [<schema>].[<table>] AS t WHERE 1=0

INFO: No connection paramenters specified. Using regular API for making connection.

INFO: Error executing statement: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Cannot open database "<db_name>" requested by the login. The login                failed.

INFO: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Cannot open database "<db_name>" requested by the login. The login failed.

This content has been marked as final.  Show 10 replies