1 of 1 people found this helpful
Regarding your 1st question, EDC creates reference resources if there are references from your hive assets (tables/column/) or resource to other assets.
Extracting reference assets in the catalog provides the following benefits:
• Search for reference resources and assets in Enterprise Data Catalog.
• Filter the search results based on reference resource and assets.
• View lineage for a primary resource that includes reference resources and assets.
• View Lineage, Impact, and Control Summary for reference assets.
• Filter lineage based on reference assets.
• Annotate and enrich reference assets with custom attributes and business terms.
• Perform a bulk export or import of the custom attributes, business term associations, and other enrichments on reference assets.
• View custom lineage between reference resources.
You can open any one of the reference assets and check its lineage and impact so that it will show its parent asset for which reference resource is created.
Regarding 2nd query, I don't think there is any way to achieve your requirement. I would suggest to raise support case to get more assistance on the same.