8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2021 8:59 AM by Andrea Picasso

DSS is still running after record sync in CDI

Nihar BHATT Active Member

We have created the data synchronization task to migrate source salesforce data to target salesforce for many standard object.

We initiated our scheduler by syncing the contact object with the following options enabled.

Allow Null Updates to Target:false
      Use the bulk API:  True 
      Monitor the bulk job:true
      Create the Success File:true
      Enable serial mode:true

Now the source has around 1,90,595 records and the DSS had synced around 43,543 records. However, my DSS sync is still showing running not sure why.

Moreover, when I see the session log it says.

"DTM error log enabled at file"

C:\PROGRA~1\INFORM~1\apps\Data_Integration_Server\data\error\s_dss_012PU10I000000000005_9_error.csv.DSS Status

I really don't know where these log files are so that I could at least access why the process is still showing running and what are the no. of records that got failed as there is a difference between the record synced.

• 1. Re: DSS is still running after record sync in CDI
          Andrea Picasso Active Member

Hi Nihar,

thanks.

It seems the DTM process got stuck for some reasons, and the error file I think won't help in understanding the issue.

You can find the file in Installation_Agent_folders\apps\Data_Integration_Server\data\error\s_dss_012PU10I000000000005_9_error.csv.  
          You would need to check the session log though.

Hope it helps.

• 2. Re: DSS is still running after record sync in CDI
            Akshaye Shreenithi Kirupa Guru

Hi Nihar

Please access the session log from the below location in agent server and share it with us for analysis,

<AgentInstallationDir>\apps\Data_Integration_Server\logs

• 3. Re: DSS is still running after record sync in CDI

As we are the non admin user , we aren't able to get the DTM error logs, however, I have asked our client to provide the same. Menwhile i have checked the session log but the last entry in that file is related to some row

TRANSF_1_1_1> CMN_1053 [2021-03-02 03:59:15.316] LOOKUP_012PU10I000000000007_1:INPUT row pushed from Expr_DSS_012PU10I000000000007_1: Control=[None]

LOOKUP_012PU10I000000000007_1:INPUT row pushed from Expr_DSS_012PU10I000000000007_1: Rowdata: ( RowType=0(insert) Src Rowid=165099 Targ Rowid=165099

AccountId_c1 (External_Id__c:UniChar.20:): "00120000008PB3lAAG"

LastName_OUT (LastName_OUT__expr_:UniChar.80:): "Dettori"

FirstName_OUT (FirstName_OUT__expr_:UniChar.40:): "Ombretta"

Salutation_OUT (Salutation_OUT__expr_:UniChar.40:): ""

RecordTypeId_OUT (RecordTypeId_OUT__expr_:UniChar.18:): "012000000004xuiAAA"

MailingCountry_OUT (MailingCountry_OUT__expr_:UniChar.80:): "Italy"

Phone_OUT (Phone_OUT__expr_:UniChar.40:): "+39 0227076491"

Email_OUT (Email_OUT__expr_:UniChar.80:): "ombretta_dettori@heinekenitalia.itx"

Department_OUT (Department_OUT__expr_:UniChar.80:): "Sviluppo"

HasOptedOutOfEmail_OUT (HasOptedOutOfEmail_OUT__expr_:Int:): "0"

DoNotCall_OUT (DoNotCall_OUT__expr_:Int:): "0"

EmailBouncedReason_OUT (EmailBouncedReason_OUT__expr_:UniChar.255:): "(NULL)"

EmailBouncedDate_OUT (EmailBouncedDate_OUT__expr_:Date:): "(NULL)"

Job_Role__c_OUT (Job_Role__c_OUT__expr_:UniChar.255:): "Mid Management"

S6_Quote_Link__c_OUT (S6_Quote_Link__c_OUT__expr_:UniChar.255:): "(NULL)"

Language__c_OUT (Language__c_OUT__expr_:UniChar.4099:): "Italian"

inactive_contact__c_OUT (inactive_contact__c_OUT__expr_:Int:): "0"

External_Id__c_OUT (External_Id__c_OUT__expr_:UniChar.20:): "0032000000VEXmxAAH"

Date_Made_Inactive__c_OUT (Date_Made_Inactive__c_OUT__expr_:Date:): "(NULL)"

)

• 4. Re: DSS is still running after record sync in CDI

Hi Nihar,

thanks for sharing this.

It seems the Session process got stuck. Usually, this is due to a memory heap size.

Can you increase the -xmx value within the JVMOPTION1 - 5 in DTM at runtime environment?

example: Support

Please let us know.

• 5. Re: DSS is still running after record sync in CDI

Okay thanks for that , will check and confirm.

Moreover, is there a way that row level error gets logged into the session logs itself rather than in the DTM logs?

If yes then how to enable it ?

Nihar

• 6. Re: DSS is still running after record sync in CDI

Hi Nihar,

your welcome.

on SFDC:

1. If the job is running in Bulk API mode than the bad records are redirect to a bad file.
                    or
                    2. If the job is on  Standard API mode that you should see the row errors in session log, even if you set the error file in a different path.  So yuo will have bad records in error file  and session log .

Thanks

Andrea

• 7. Re: DSS is still running after record sync in CDI

okay there is no way that row-level error we can redirect into the session log for Bulk API ?

• 8. Re: DSS is still running after record sync in CDI

Hi,

As mentioned earlier, the only available parameter to switch off the error file  - it is for standard API

Set the JVMOption1 as

-DSFDCCreateSuccessErrorFileFromParams=true

On Bulk API, there is no custom property to achieve this. It is not possible.