1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2021 10:10 AM by Nico Heinze

Wf Scheduled to run 10 times Monday to Friday

SP K Seasoned Veteran

Hi Team,

I need to run the Wf 10 times every day from Monday to Friday, i have set the bellow properties and wf was running on the day it was scheduled but not scheduling for the next dates.

using informatica 10.4

Please suggest.

Thanks

Pk

• 1. Re: Wf Scheduled to run 10 times Monday to Friday
          Smitha HC Guru

Hi,

As you have specified End option as End after 10 runs, Workflow is not running from the next day. Please remove the end option and workflow will run every day.

Thanks,

Smitha

• 2. Re: Wf Scheduled to run 10 times Monday to Friday
            Nico Heinze Guru

Do I understand correctly that you want this workflow to run two consecutive weeks, and only from Monday to Friday?

In this case I think you need to correct the schedule in two places.

First please remove the Run On Server Initialisation flag.

The Run Options (first screenshot) should show as "Run Every..."

Second please change the Daily Frequency to Run Once. You probably don't want this workflow to run 10 times per day.

Regards,

Nico

• 3. Re: Wf Scheduled to run 10 times Monday to Friday
              SP K Seasoned Veteran

Thanks Nico,

I will get 10 files every day and i need to load them according to timestamp to capture scd changes, i designed wf to pick 1 (Min file date ) files every time and complete 10 runs one after another.

this need to run every week Monday to Friday

If i keep daily frequency  to Run once , then al files will not be loaded.

Thanks

pk.

• 4. Re: Wf Scheduled to run 10 times Monday to Friday
                Nico Heinze Guru

What about redesigning the workflow?

All available files will be loaded at once. The file name for each source file can be picked up in the mapping, so that you can create a "file ID" (or whatever is neededin the target system to separate the data from each source file) within the mapping. Then the mapping needs to run only once per day, and you're good to go this way.

Regards,

Nico

• 5. Re: Wf Scheduled to run 10 times Monday to Friday
                  JanLeendert Wijkhuijs Seasoned Veteran

Hi,

I agree with Nico about redesigning the workflow and there are multiple ways to do it.
                  1 is the way Nico described running it once with an indirect source
                  2 Change the schedule to run continuously with a timer and some filecheck logic (create flielist in command task and check if there are rows in it.
                  3 When the file is copied to the server also issue a start workflow command (cmd line utilities on the remote machine which does the copying as well as the startworkflow)

Regards,

JanLeendert

• 6. Re: Wf Scheduled to run 10 times Monday to Friday
                    SP K Seasoned Veteran

Yes we can do that option if we don't have to follow the file order, If we create list file and process and start loading then i doubt if  Scd-2 logic will work correctly when we have Insert new records and update for same records comes in same set of list file ?

i know files will process one by one but not sure if scd-2 logic will work correctly as db connection will not end until all files loads complete.

Thanks

pk

• 7. Re: Wf Scheduled to run 10 times Monday to Friday
                      Nico Heinze Guru

If you're just concerned about the correct order of files, that's easy to "remedy".

Just use a command task to create a sorted file list, that's all.

Regards,

Nico

• 8. Re: Wf Scheduled to run 10 times Monday to Friday
                        SP K Seasoned Veteran

so my understanding is create list file with order of files to execute and process will work fine, thats what yur trying to say ?

this is how my flow looks

file --> Landing DB--> Stg DB --> Tgt table

So my Concern  is if i keep list file and process data Informatica will start reading data one by one form file and write to DB so SCD changes will not be captured in that case.

I need to finish my entire flow for every file and need to pick up next file every time

Thanks

pk

• 9. Re: Wf Scheduled to run 10 times Monday to Friday
                          SP K Seasoned Veteran

I have tested with the list file creation

Bellow is my wf order

when i try with list file all files are first loading to Landing DB one after the other after completing Landing session next session are stating, So my SCD will not work properly in this case.

I have only to options.

1. Run my Wf for 10 times processing each file at a time

2. Schedule wf continuously for 2hrs with interval of 10min

Can you help me how can i schedule wf to run between 9:00 am to 11:00am

Thanks

pk

• 10. Re: Wf Scheduled to run 10 times Monday to Friday
                            Nico Heinze Guru

As long as you don't set up any session partitions (in other words: your session runs in just one partition), the file list will be processed in strict order.

Regards,

Nico

• 11. Re: Wf Scheduled to run 10 times Monday to Friday
                              Nico Heinze Guru

I just recognised that I did not really respond to your last question.

How exactly is your SDC process set up? Which session does what in this respect? I need to understand why you say that the SCD process would not run correctly this way.

Regards,

Nico

• 12. Re: Wf Scheduled to run 10 times Monday to Friday
                                SP K Seasoned Veteran

In the above flow

file --> Landing DB dump

Landing --> Stg some calculations and MD5

Stg --> Tgt is stored procedure for scd-2

using a list file i observed that until all files are loaded to Landing DB process is not moving to next sessions

let me know how session partitions will help here ?

Thanks

pk

• 13. Re: Wf Scheduled to run 10 times Monday to Friday
                                  Nico Heinze Guru

Session partitions would definitely NOT help at all.

What is the problem with the process?

What I had understood earlier was that you first need to load all the files and then perform a SCD process on all these contents.

From your last emails I now understand that the SCD process has to be executed per source file.

Is my current understanding correct?

Regards,

Nico

• 14. Re: Wf Scheduled to run 10 times Monday to Friday
                                    SP K Seasoned Veteran

Sorry, we are completely out of what i am looking for

I need to schedule my job for 10 time a day form Mon to Fri every week. i tried with some properties it was not working.

If we cant schedule like that other option available is need to schedule my job run continuously for 2hrs with 10min interval every day from Mon to Fri every week.

which start at 9:00 hrs end at 11:00 hrs

Thanks

pk

1 2 Previous Next