1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 25, 2021 11:48 AM by Nico Heinze

How to change  mapping variables in  workflow?

Andrei Bukhavetski Active Member

There is a mapping, with a mapping  variable $$System , the default value of the variable is 'System1'. But when I add a reuseable session to a Workflow, the variable is not shown in the Session Variables window (View Persistent Values...).

2 questions:

1) What does it take to initialize the variable for a session?

2) How can I change the value of the variable on "System2" value and etc. if I want to use this session several times in one wokflow?

UPD.

About the second question, I understood, through a parameter file .

thanks in advance

• 1. Re: How to change  mapping variables in  workflow?
          Nico Heinze Guru

Q1: mapping variables can (almost) always be initialised for a session by setting it to the value of a workflow variable with the requested initial value. This takes place in the so-called Pre-Session Assignment Task (to be found under the tab Components of the session).

There's one catch: reusable sessions are exempt. You cannot hand over workflow variables to initialise mapping variables via a pre-session variable assignment, they are disabled in instances of reusable sessions (don't ask me why, I don't know).

The only way to circumvent this restriction is to set the mapping variable via a parameter file.

Regards,

Nico

1 of 1 people found this helpful