2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2020 10:54 PM by Saurabh Shrivastava

Read the latest .csv file from AWS S3 bucket

Saurabh Shrivastava Guru

Hello All,

There is a bucket/folder in AWS S3 where .csv files comes on a daily basis. The naming convention of a .csv file is 2001DBBYLAST-YYYYMMDDHHMISSSSS.csv

This .csv file contains a dot.(Eg: Serial No.) in few column names and for few columns, column name starts with a number(Eg: 2106 Ttl GP). While importing the .csv file into Informatica, I came to know that the column names having dot and column names that begins with a numeric digit will be skipped from source definition. So I asked the business to update the column names accordingly so that I can import the source into Informatica PC.

Now the business person updated the file (names it as advent_test.csv, highlighted in below screenshot) and I imported this file as a source. When I executed the workflow, it is happening that only the content of this advent_test.csv file is being read every time. My requirement is that the latest file(in this case, it should be 2001DBBYLAST-20201211120422257.csv) should be read when we execute the session.

While importing, I have specified the delimiter as comma, text qualifier as double quote.

Can someone please help me in below

1) How should I read the latest .csv file from the folder path ?

In this case, since S3 is being used as a source, so we do not get much properties in session level, refer below screenshot

• 1. Re: Read the latest .csv file from AWS S3 bucket
          Saurabh Shrivastava Guru

Can someone please help me on my first question

1) How should I read the latest .csv file from the folder path ?

• 2. Re: Read the latest .csv file from AWS S3 bucket
            Saurabh Shrivastava Guru

I have figured this out and posting my approach which worked absolutely fine

Steps:

1. Create a script Get_AWSS3_Files.sh at your local Infa_shared on Unix Server

2. This script would be using 2 parameters as mentioned below

3. Create a CONFIG_FILE_NAME.ini . This configfile.ini file should contain only the Access key & Secret Key details as mentioned below

4. Create a command task in your work and specify the command as below

sh <SCRIPTLOCATION>/Get_AWSS3_Files.sh $$AWS3_BUCKET_FOLDER_PATH $$INFA_DIR_PATH

5. Kindly note that the BUCKETNAME (highlighted in bold in script) should contain only the bucket name without any folder name.

--------------------------------Script starts here----------------------------------------

#!/bin/bash

#######################################################################################

### Parameters to Pass

# $1 - AWS S3 Bucket Path Including folders, If any

# $2 - INFA Directory Path

#######################################################################################

export AWS_CONFIG_FILE=CONFIG_FILE_DIRECTORY/CONFIG_FILE_NAME.ini

aws s3 cp s3://BUCKETNAME/$(aws s3 ls $1 --recursive | sort | tail -n 1 | awk '{print $4}') $2

--------------------------------Script ends here----------------------------------------

--------------------------------Config file starts here----------------------------------------

#   Name: s3_config.ini

#   Date:

#   Author:

#   Comments: AWS S3 Config File

#   Last Updated:

[default]

aws_access_key_id=********************************

aws_secret_access_key=************************************

# Optional, to define default region for this profile.

region=us-east-1

--------------------------------Config file ends here----------------------------------------