8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2021 10:18 PM by Kamran Khan

unable to import rules of data domain in Informatica Data Quality

Kamran Khan New Member

Hello

I am new to Informatica Data Quality(10.4). Can anyone suggest how to create/import domain rules?
      The app team needs "out of the box domains in IDQ, which is imported/loaded on Developer tools, to show up in Analyst.

Below command was used but it failed

/opt/informatica/isp/bin/infacmd.sh oie importobjects -dn INFORMATICA-IDQ-PROD -rs MRS-IDQ-PROD -fp /opt/informatica/install/1040/properties/CMS/Informatica_IDE_DataDomain.xml -sc true -cp /opt/informatica/install/1040/properties/CMS/Import_Profile_DATA_DOMAIN.xml -scv true -oo "rtm:codePage=UTF-8,refDataFile=/opt/informatica/install/1040/properties/CMS/Informatica_IDE_DataDomain.zip"

Please help!

Thanks,
      Kamran

• 1. Re: unable to import rules of data domain in Informatica Data Quality
          jyoti singh Active Member

Hi Kamran,

Could you please share the error message with which the command has failed? Let me know if you have tried to import it using developer client.

Please refer the steps mentioned in below KB:

Support

Regards,

Jyoti

• 2. Re: unable to import rules of data domain in Informatica Data Quality
            Kamran Khan New Member

Thank you for the response, Jyoti.

I have referred to the document provided.

I understand that I need to import the rules to MRS in the developer client first and then, data domain needs to be imported using the infacmd (at server side) command seen below. All other prerequisites are met. Please correct me if I am wrong.

${INFA_HOME}/isp/bin/infacmd.sh oie importobjects -dn INFORMATICA-IDQ-PROD -un Administrator -pd xxxxxxxx -rs MRS-IDQ-PROD -fp /opt/informatica/install/1040/properties/CMS/Informatica_IDE_DataDomain.xml -sc true -scv true -cp /opt/informatica/install/1040/properties/CMS/Import_Profile_DATA_DOMAIN.xml -oo "rtm:codePage=UTF-8,refDataFile=/opt/informatica/install/1040/properties/CMS/Informatica_IDE_DataDomain.zip"

Error:

Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Djava.io.tmpdir=/opt/informatica/tmp

Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Djava.io.tmpdir=/opt/informatica/tmp

ERROR(s):

None of the nodes are available at domain [INFORMATICA-IDQ-PROD].

[ICMD_10033] Command [importobjects] failed with error [[OIECMD_10007] Error occurred during import function. See previous error.].

I can see that the node is up and running. infacmd command was under ${INFA_HOME}/isp/bin/ at the server side.

Thanks,

Kamran

• 3. Re: unable to import rules of data domain in Informatica Data Quality
              jyoti singh Active Member

Hi Kamran,

There are two ways to import Data domains into MRS.

1. Using Developer tool

2. Using Infacmd Command line.

If you have already imported it using developer client then you need not to import it again with infacmd command line.

I assume you are running the command line from same node which is running condition.

Can you please try importing it from developer tool and let me know if you hit the same issue.

Regards,

Jyoti

• 4. Re: unable to import rules of data domain in Informatica Data Quality
                Akshada Sable Seasoned Veteran

Hi Kamran,

I understand you are willing to import the data domains and you are using the infacmd approach to import the data domains. As Jyoti has suggested earlier, if you have already imported, do not reimport, Data domains will be visible in the MRS and can be seen from Developer client (Windows Menu->Preferences->Informatica->Data Domain Glossary )

If data domains are not already imported and you want to import, you can make use of the developer tool to import the data domains as directed in Support 

You can also refer Support  for more details on the Data Domain import process and pre-requisites for the same.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Akshada

• 5. Re: unable to import rules of data domain in Informatica Data Quality
                  Kamran Khan New Member

Hello Jyoti/Akshada,

I downloaded the developer's client and connected it to the repository. I can see the data domains under Window-->Preferences-->Informatica-->Data Domain Glossary. (screenshot below). I believe these came up during installation (OOTB). However, now I am in need of the rules now. Would you be able to send them or would you want me to raise a shipping ticket?

Thanks,
                  Kamran

• 7. Re: unable to import rules of data domain in Informatica Data Quality
                    Krishna Gangwar Active Member

Hi Kamran,

As per my understanding, you have the data domain zip file with name "Informatica_IDE_DataDomain_1040.zip". Upon extracting the zip, you will see two folders:

1) Informatica_IDE_DataDomain_1040: Contains data domains (XML) as well as compressed reference data disctionary files.

2) Informatica_IDE_DataDomainRule_1040: Contains data domain rules (XML) as well as compressed reference data disctionary files.

Screenshot for reference:

If my understanding is correct, you should have the folder mentioned in #2. You can simply import it into the MRS by following the steps mentioned in the previous KB articles.

In case you do not have the Informatica_IDE_DataDomainRule_1040 folder, you can raise a shipping request to get the same.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Krishna

• 8. Re: unable to import rules of data domain in Informatica Data Quality
                      Kamran Khan New Member

Thank you all. I was able to import the domain rules successfully.