6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2020 4:35 AM by Venkata Ramani

Creating an SAPALEIDoc Target Definition

Venkata Ramani Active Member

Dear Experts,

I wish use Powercenter to update SAP-ECC using IDOCs.

I am following the documentation to Creating an SAPALEIDoc Target Definition

I cannot find this SAPALEIDOC Target writer transformation in my instance? What could be the reason?

Can someone share how it looks like? Which driver or file to be installed so that I can see this particular transformation in my designer?

Kind Regards

Venkat

• 1. Re: Creating an SAPALEIDoc Target Definition
          Meenakshi Mishra New Member

Hi Venkat,

Please check if you have completed these steps :

1. Register the PowerExchange for SAP NetWeaver client.

2. Install the SAP NetWeaver RFC SDK libraries.

3. Register the PowerExchange for SAP NetWeaver plug-in with the PowerCenter repository.

User guide reference :

Installing and Configuring PowerExchange for SAP NetWeaver

Installing PowerExchange for SAP NetWeaver

If you have followed all the steps as per the guide, you should be able to find the option to create SAPALEIDOC Target .

Open Designer Client -> Target Designer -> Click on Targets -> Select database type as SAPALEIdoc

Name the target as you wish . Attaching screenshots for reference.

Let me know if it helps !

Regards,

Meenakshi

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Creating an SAPALEIDoc Target Definition
            Nico Heinze Guru

There is no ALE IDOC Writer Transformation. The ALE IDOC writer is part of the IDOC target definition. Whenever you push data forward to an IDoc Writer target, these data will be (assuming you have a correctly configured ALE IDOC target connection which BTW is a so-called Application Connection) transferred to R/3 via the ALE protocol.

If you could show us your mapping and the target definition, we may be able to clean up your uncertainties.

Regards,

Nico

• 3. Re: Creating an SAPALEIDoc Target Definition

Hi

I managed to create "Idoc target definition".

I need help on the IDOC segments.

My mapping is like this:

Source -> Source Qualifier -> Filter -> Expression -> Idoc Prepare -> Idoc Target

I have attached my idoc Prepare mapping. What values to be filled for Idoc segments? Do we need to manually generate each fields or how to fill them?

Best Regards

VenkatIdoc MappingMyImage

• 4. Re: Creating an SAPALEIDoc Target Definition
                Rakshitha K. R. Guru

HI Venkat,

Yes, you will have to generate a valid key and pass it.

Use the below document for configuring the Primary Key and Foreign Key values of IDOC Prepare:

IDoc Primary and Foreign Keys

Please let us know if that helps.

Kind Regards,

Rakshitha

• 5. Re: Creating an SAPALEIDoc Target Definition
                  Nico Heinze Guru

Off the top of my head (haven't worked with IDocs since 2013): the DOCNUM is a 20-digit number that you create; it relates the "IDoc header" with the individual segments (which depend on the IDoc structure).

The CONTROL_SERIAL field is a numeric string which you can use for your own reference purposes. For example, it could be the material master ID from your own material management system. The CONTROL_SERIAL value will be copied "as is" into the IDocs that R/3 stores, so you can search for it later.

The IDoc number that you generate for the IDoc Prepare transformation is NOT the IDoc number that this IDoc will get when it's stored in SAP; SAP always creates its own IDoc numbers. But these fields must be set by you so that the IDoc Prepare transformation "knows" which IDoc "data segments" belong to which IDOC header segments. The IDoc Prepare transformation takes all segments for one IDoc number (as given by you), caches them in memory, and then transfers them all at once to R/3; that's why you must create "correct" IDoc numbers yourself even though they are discarded by R/3 later on.

Regards,

Nico

• 6. Re: Creating an SAPALEIDoc Target Definition

Dear All,

Thanks. I managed to send data using Powercenter to SAP using IDOCs. Finally, everything worked. Thanks a lot for your help!!