2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2020 10:15 AM by user162108

Interpreter with multiple IDOCs of the same type

user162108 New Member

Hi all

do someone have ever interpreted a file containing multiple IDOCs of the same type, using the IDOC Interpreter?

Is there a way to manage this situation?

Thanks in advance

Giulio

• 1. Re: Interpreter with multiple IDOCs of the same type
          Nico Heinze Guru

As far as I recall, each IDoc has its own IDoc number. This is one of the prerequisites so that segments belonging to separate IDocs can be separated (alongside several other values).

So yes, you can process more than one IDoc within the same mapping run, no problem at all.

In fact the IDoc Interpreter reads (and caches) all segments for each IDoc before processing them all at once; otherwise it could not identify whether an IDoc is complete.

After each IDoc is processed internally, the IDoc Interpreter will forward all segments for that IDoc in one batch.

Again, as far as I recall, it's been 7 years since I've touched IDocs myself for the last time.

May I dare to ask what exactly is the reason for your question? Just curiosity? Some difficult technical problem? Something else?

Regards,

Nico

• 2. Re: Interpreter with multiple IDOCs of the same type
            user162108 New Member

Great Nico!

I've made another test and it works! the only option I was ignoring is "Row Level Processing"

thank you so much

Giulio