9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2020 9:03 AM by Joshy Lonappan

Load date without timestamp into SQL Server Database Table

Joshy Lonappan New Member

I have an issue date conversion and I tried some of the solutions offered here and could not get a resolution.

I have a mapping that reads and writes to the 'SQL server database table'. The source and Target date field are defined as DATE(without Timestamp). I need to load the values as it is in the source field. Source Field doesn't have a timestamp and For Ex: '2020-10-28'.

In the Session, 'Date Time format string' is defined as 'MM/DD/YYYY HH24:MI:SS.US'. The session is always trying to insert it as '2020-10-28 00.00.00.000000000' and I am getting database error as below,

FnName: Execute -- [Informatica][ODBC SQL Server Wire Protocol driver]Timestamp parameters with zero scale must have a precision of 13, 16, or 19.  Parameter number: 3, precision: 10.

FnName: Execute -- [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Function sequence error

I do have other date fields so I can not define the Session's 'Date Time format string' is defined as 'MM/DD/YYYY'. What would be the best approach to solve this issue?

Kindly appreciate your help