1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 20, 2020 11:51 AM by Caroline Siqueira Szarf

Changing Database/Schema using REST API

User 530543 New Member

How can I change database/schema of target object using REST API for cloud data integration mapping task?

I have lot of mapping tasks.  How can I get ID of the mapping tasks in V2 REST API?  If I use lookup using name, it is returning the first mapping task with the name.  Is there a way to specify folder name and mapping task name to get the ID?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Changing Database/Schema using REST API
          Caroline Siqueira Szarf Active Member

You can use IICS ReEST API to Update a connection. To do so one needs to fetch the connection details.

To fetch the connection details, do the following:

1. Use this request as GET call :

1. URL: <serverUrl>/api/v2/connection/<id>
          2. Method: GET
          3. Headers: Content-Type: application/json
          4. Accept: application/json
          5. icSessionId: <Enter the session ID received when the login call was made>
          Connection details. You can request the details of a connection or of all connections in the organization. URL:<serverUrl>/api/v2/connection/<id>

You can change the values depending on what is retrieved by the connection details. And, you can try using V3 as well.
          2. GET call response:

Q3.PNG 3. POST Call will be used to Update the connection:

1. URL: <serverUrl>/api/v2/connection/<id>

1. Method: POST
          2. Headers: Content-Type: application/json
          3. Accept: application/json
          4. icSessionId: <Enter the session ID received when the login call was made>
          5. Update-Mode= PARTIAL

• Response of the above GET call will be used as Body to this POST call.
            • remove createdBy, createdTime, updatedBy, updatedTime, orgId in the JSON body

• One can change the connection parameters[connParams] inorder to update a connection.