I would recommend opening a ticket with Global Support.
Primary reason is that the Advanced Scanners could require additional licenses, depending on how and when you licensed EDC. They should be able to help provide any documentation you are looking for as it looks like it hasn't been added to the doc center just yet.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
I purchased the scanners so i know we are licensed also i opened a support ticket. Aparently there is no official documentation on how to install...Strange!
Hi Uday - We are in the process of adding a document for Advanced Scanners and for now I would suggest to liaise with our support engineers to get the configuration done.
there is a user guide (pdf and html) contained in the docs folder that is of the advanced scanner zip file (e.g. EDCAdvancedScanners-10.4.1.202008061911-g9da3b1c-GenericEDC.zip).
the user guide has a chapter on installation & usage The installation is a simple process.
Are these documents going to be published in the same spaces on the Informatica Network as all the other EDC guides and manuals?
Also, will you be adding this content to the embedded user manuals (Help content) within EDC and EDC Admin GUI, specifically the Scanner Guide?
Currently the document for user guide (Which contains steps for installation) would be found under the installation (EDCAdvancedScanners-3.3.202008041450-g831d27c-GenericEDC\EDCAdvancedScanners-3.3.202008041450-g831d27c-GenericEDC\docs)
In future releases we would add these in our documentation set.
2 of 2 people found this helpful
Not sure why these support materials are not being published within the same expected paths that existing Informatica customers would expect to find them; it's a poor user experience for existing customers.
Here are all the materials I could find as of 10/22/2020 on the advanced scanners. It was a painstaking process that I hope will soon be remedied by integrating the support materials into the existing landscape of Informatica Network-supplied support.
The sales-oriented materials:
- EDC Advanced Scanner Demo (video, 9:48)
- Webinar: Leave No Metadata Behind with EDC Advanced Scanners
- EDC Advanced Scanner Data Sheet
- EDC Advanced Custom Metadata Loader Data Sheet
Technical documentation (all that was available as of October 22, 2020):
- FAQ: What are the additional licensing for resources needed for EDC 10.4.1?
- FAQ: What are the requirements to install EDC Advanced Scanners?
- FAQ: What are the Browsers supported for EDC Advanced Scanners WebUI?
- Informatica Enterprise Data Catalog Advanced Scanners 10.4.1.0.1
- HOW TO: Install EDC Advanced Scanners (formerly MetaDex)
- HOW TO: Start EDC Advanced Scanners WebServer/WebUI
- HOW TO: Create a Project in EDC Advanced Scanners WebUI
- HOW TO: Create Configuration inside a Project in EDC Advanced Scanner WebUI
- HOW TO: Configure HTML Visualizer for a Configuration in EDC Advanced Scanners WebUI
- HOW TO: Create a new user in EDC Advanced Scanners WebUI
- FAQ: Are advanced scanners 10.4.1.0.1 compatible with EDC 10.4.1.1?
- FAQ: What are the user privileges available in EDC Advanced Scanners WebUI?
- FAQ: What are Roles available to a User on a Project in EDC Advanced Scanners WebUI?
- HOW TO: Assign Privileges to a user in EDC Advanced Scanners WebUI?
- HOW TO: Encrypt a password in EDC Advanced Scanners WebUI
- HOW TO: Configure Image Dumper for a Configuration in EDC Advanced Scanners WebUI
- Lineage for SQL Server Stored Procedure is not found in EDC
- ERROR: "Scanners execution license is not available." while scanning SQL Server Integration Service resource in EDC 10.4.1
- HOW TO: Uninstall EDC Advanced Scanners
- FAQ: Does T-SQL stored procedures summary lineage is supported in EDC?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Thank you Shannon for putting together all this information.
As we progress in incorporating Compact Solutions software in our platform, this is our plan to add the documentation for the EDC advanced scanners as part of the general documentation we offer for the rest of the product in a managed way so that the information remains up to date with the latest changes we include.
Thanks very much, LNT. We appreciate your help.
We have now received the PDF software requirements (3 pages) and user guides (231 pages) with our installation package, as well as a link to a more in depth demo video posted on YouTube.
We look forward to seeing these materials integrated into the existing user-friendly channels on the Informatica Network in the future.