3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2020 6:22 AM by Stefan Reinhardt

Output Structure Attributes

Mike Pearson New Member

Hello,

Our current implementation utilizes a primary maintenance structure (features live here) and an output structure (no features). These two structure systems are linked via the Structure group assignments perspective. We are exploring multiple classification in the output structure. Our end goal would be to have one variant in two nodes, inheriting the unique features from each structure.

I'm not seeing how this is possible given that attributes live at the maintenance structure and only single assignment is allowed there. I feel I'm missing something so any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Output Structure Attributes
          Stefan Reinhardt Guru

Hi Mike,

the system allows to map a group from the maintenance structure to ONE group in an output structure. If you have the need to map it to more than one an option is to make use of a proxy structure in between.

e.g.:

Maintenance 1 should go into Output A and C.

Map Maintenance 1 directly to Output A.

Map Maintenance 1 to Proxy X which maps again to Output C.

Regards,

Stefan

• 2. Re: Output Structure Attributes
            Mike Pearson New Member

Hello Stefan,

We do currently have the structures mapped but attributes are still only able to be completed at the maintenance structure. This is an issue as this type of structure only allows an item to exist in one node. So an item that is in two nodes in the output structure can only have one set of attributes based on the maintenance structure assignment.

Maybe that's just the way it is but I wanted to reach out to make sure I'm not missing something. It seems like a valid use case.

Thanks,

Mike

• 3. Re: Output Structure Attributes
              Stefan Reinhardt Guru

Hi Mike,

okay so perhaps it makes sense to give an example of the use case your are trying to fulfill.

Is it that you need to attributes to be derived from multiple groups the item is assigned to or is it that you want to filter which attributes should be there depending on the output structure group assignment?

Feature inheritance can work on primary and secondary maintenance structures only and not on output structures...

Regards,

Stefan