4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2020 7:49 AM by sdepriest

Rest WSC Not Returning Data to Mapping

sdepriest Seasoned Veteran

I have a Rest Web Service Consumer transformation that stopped returning data out of it into the rest of the Developer map and I need ideas on what to look for.  This worked fine about 3 weeks ago.

I have Verbose Data logging turned on in the REST WSC, and I can see the request to the URL and the response back from the external API in JSON and XML in the data viewer log and in the mapping log when I run it from a workflow.  But no data comes out of the REST WSC.

Couple of screen prints below.

Any suggestions/ideas on where to look to find the issue?   Thanks.

• 1. Re: Rest WSC Not Returning Data to Mapping
          Akanksha Rani Active Member

Hi Sarah,

When you say the the REST WSC has stopped returning data but the data can be seen in the logs, you can check:

1. If there are any errors after the data printed in the Verbose log.

2. You can verify if the structure of the response defined in the REST WSC is same as the actual structure of the response received.

Most probably, the response is not getting parsed into the correct ports.

Thanks,

Akanksha

• 2. Re: Rest WSC Not Returning Data to Mapping

Akanksha,

Thank you for the response, and you got it!  Yes, it was the structure of the response.  The vendor had changed it and my schema didn't have three fields that were in the response.  There were no errors after the data was printed in the Verbose log.  I've tested the change and it was successful in my DEV/TEST environment, so it will run in the prod environment tonight.

The vendor was surprised that our tool could not return any data without all the response fields defined in our schema.  This is expected behavior of the REST WSC, correct?  Is there any other configuration in the schema I could have done to make it more flexible?

A screen print of the XSD schema file is below.  The "recordsActive" and "CreatedDateString" elements were missing prior.

Sarah

Screen Print of XSD Schema

• 3. Re: Rest WSC Not Returning Data to Mapping
              Akanksha Rani Active Member

Hi Sarah,

Our tool could not return any data without all the response fields defined in our schema - this is generally true.

(There might be other scenarios like errors & partial data returned depending on the position and groups of the elements / ports that are missing.)

Thanks,

Akanksha

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Rest WSC Not Returning Data to Mapping

Akanksha, Thanks for the response.  Yes, I figured that was the case.  Thanks for your time. 

Sarah