9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2020 6:41 AM by Spidy 2406

Unable to restart the PIM server

Spidy 2406 Seasoned Veteran

Hi Experts,

We are upgrading Informatica P360 platform from 10 to 10.1 hot fix. We have followed the migration manual and installed required components(PIM,Media Manager,Audit trail,DQ rules). While restarting the PIM server we are facing issues and unable to restart the server. It seems there is a problem between the DQ queue and the PIM, please check below error, also I have attached the console log.

• org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Internal error in initializer dataquality.queue

at com.heiler.ppm.platform.server.internal.ServerContainer$ServerInitializerCallable.call(ServerContainer.java:381)

at com.heiler.ppm.platform.server.internal.ServerContainer$ServerInitializerCallable.call(ServerContainer.java:1)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "10000 "

at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)

at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:589)

at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:631)

at com.heiler.ppm.messagequeue.server.v2.internal.MessageQueueParams.<init>(MessageQueueParams.java:83)

at com.heiler.ppm.messagequeue.server.v2.internal.MessageQueueServiceImpl.getMessageQueueParams(MessageQueueServiceImpl.java:143)

at com.heiler.ppm.dataquality.server.internal.queue.batch.DataQualityQueueMessageGroupManager.<init>(DataQualityQueueMessageGroupManager.java:76)

at com.heiler.ppm.dataquality.server.internal.queue.DataQualityQueueInitializer.initialize(DataQualityQueueInitializer.java:66)

at com.heiler.ppm.platform.server.internal.ServerContainer$ServerInitializerCallable.call(ServerContainer.java:371)

Appreciate your help on resolving this issue.

Regards,

Spidy

• 1. Re: Unable to restart the PIM server
          Lokesh Kumar Guru

Hi

It seems there is a misconfigured value in server.properties file "10000 -> can you verify again

- Lokesh Kumar

• 2. Re: Unable to restart the PIM server

Hi Lokesh,

Appreciate your quick response!!

I have checked the server.properties file but i didn't find any string value "10000. I have attached the server.properties file, could you please help me here.

Regards,

Spidy.

• 3. Re: Unable to restart the PIM server
              Sai Narasimha Prasad Rebba Guru

Hi,

It looks like you are starting up the /server in debug mode. Try to remove debug mode in log4j.xml in server and start up and provide the logs again?

What was the changes done recently before restart? any lookups configured?

Thank you
              Sai Prasad

• 4. Re: Unable to restart the PIM server

Hi Sai,

Thanks for your response!!

I have attached the latest console without debug mode( start looking at the log from 21:44:09,412 INFO  [WrapperSimpleAppMain] [STARTUP] Start). Coming to the changes, we have just followed the migration manual and apart from that added few custom entries in plugin_customization.ini , but i have tested with the old plugin_customization.ini, still facing the issues. It is something related to DQ queue with PIM integration.  Spent lot of time on this, unable to figure out.It would be grate if you can help me here,

Regards,

Spidy

• 5. Re: Unable to restart the PIM server

Hi Spidy,

From the logs I can see the there is a value with spaces in the server.properties file it looks like

there are many space characters in that value. Please check the server.properties and remove spaces.

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2020/08/26 21:46:41 | 21:46:41,744 ERROR [WrapperSimpleAppMain] [STARTUP] Internal error in initializer dataquality.queue

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2020/08/26 21:46:41 | java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "10000        "

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2020/08/26 21:46:41 | at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2020/08/26 21:46:41 | at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:589)

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2020/08/26 21:46:41 | at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:631)

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2020/08/26 21:46:41 | at com.heiler.ppm.messagequeue.server.v2.internal.MessageQueueParams.<init>(MessageQueueParams.java:83)

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2020/08/26 21:46:41 | at com.heiler.ppm.messagequeue.server.v2.internal.MessageQueueServiceImpl.getMessageQueueParams(MessageQueueServiceImpl.java:143)

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2020/08/26 21:46:41 | at com.heiler.ppm.dataquality.server.internal.queue.batch.DataQualityQueueMessageGroupManager.<init>(DataQualityQueueMessageGroupManager.java:76)

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2020/08/26 21:46:41 | at com.heiler.ppm.dataquality.server.internal.queue.DataQualityQueueInitializer.initialize(DataQualityQueueInitializer.java:66)

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2020/08/26 21:46:41 | at com.heiler.ppm.platform.server.internal.ServerContainer$ServerInitializerCallable.call(ServerContainer.java:371)

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2020/08/26 21:46:41 | at com.heiler.ppm.platform.server.internal.ServerContainer$ServerInitializerCallable.call(ServerContainer.java:1)

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2020/08/26 21:46:41 | at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2020/08/26 21:46:41 | at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2020/08/26 21:46:41 | at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2020/08/26 21:46:41 | at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Thank you

Sai Prasad

• 6. Re: Unable to restart the PIM server

Hi,

In addition to above comment,

I missed to check your server.properties file. When I check it there is a space character for the highlighted value in server.properties file.

queue.default.delivery.delay = ${defaultDeliveryDelay}

#queue.default.message.batch.threshold = 500

#queue.default.message.batch.timeout = 10000   

# Note: the ${defaultDeliveryDelay} is a calculated value. If more than 1 server node is configured in the network configuration, its value is 10000 and otherwise 0.

Try to remove the commented property and see if you still face same issue? It it looks like you have 2 server nodes, could you confirm?

If yes, it takes the default value as 10000 as a delivery delay as mentioned in the above  node.

Screenshot for reference.

Thank you
                    Sai Prasad

• 7. Re: Unable to restart the PIM server
                      Marco Hartman Active Member

Maybe removing the cache before starting the server would help after the upgrading. This is done by removing these folders:

..\server\workspace

..\server\configuration\org*

• 8. Re: Unable to restart the PIM server

Hi Spidy,

As I commented, please try by removing that property in server.properties and even try by clearing cache of PIM server and see if that works. Please post here the results.

Thank you

Sai Prasad

• 9. Re: Unable to restart the PIM server

Hi Sai and Lokesh,

Thanks for the help!! really it helped me, problem was at the below property, we don't know how the spaces came but it is resolved and server is restarted. Once again big thanks.

queue.dq.message.batch.threshold = ${queue.default.message.batch.threshold}

queue.dq.message.batch.timeout = ${queue.default.message.batch.timeout}

Marco,

Thanks for the help !!