3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2020 8:10 AM by Nico Heinze

How to apply thousand separator in Flatfile targets.

Srikanth Patevar Active Member

Hi,

Any thoughts/workarounds to apply a thousand separators in flat file targets.

For ex: if the src number comes like 1000000.000  it should pass like 1,000,000.000.

Thanks,

Srikanth.

• 1. Re: How to apply thousand separator in Flatfile targets.
          Nico Heinze Guru

I don't know ICS / IICS good enough to tell for sure, but in PowerCenter (the technical basis for ICS) you can edit the flat-file target definition and enter a "Format" definition for a numeric field. This "Format" description names the thousands separator (in your case a comma ",") and the decimal delimiter (in your case a period "."). You just enter these two characters into the "Format" field.

In PowerCenter you can do this either in the flat-file target definition or in the target instance in a mapping.

Again, no idea whether these points apply to ICS / IICS as well, I only hope so.

Regards,

Nico

• 2. Re: How to apply thousand separator in Flatfile targets.
            Akshaye Shreenithi Kirupa Guru

Hi Srikanth

We currently do not have an option to specify thousands separator in IICS, however we do have a feature request raised to get this addressed in our future releases. You can track the progress of this FR with tracking id ICS-9362 through Informatica network portal.

• 3. Re: How to apply thousand separator in Flatfile targets.
              Nico Heinze Guru

Thanks for the info, so my suggestion can't be used here.

Depending on whether you work with numbers with a "fixed" maximum range (e.g. 0 - 9,999,999,999.999) or whether you work with larger ranges, you can either use a Java Transformation (leveraging the NumberFormatter class) or an Expression transformation to "translate" a numeric value to a string containing thousands separator and fractional delimiter.

If you need help with this, let us know, then we can explain how to do it.

Regards,

Nico