7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2020 10:48 AM by Nico Heinze

Configure email on Powercenter

K ABD Active Member

Hello,

I am running Powercenter 9.6.1 on Windows 10. I added the 4 custom properties on my Integration service in Admin console. I also configured outlook and received test email successfully. Powercenter is not able to send post success email notification with the below error message. Could you please help

Below is the error message from Session log

Severity: ERROR

Timestamp: 7/8/2020 2:35:48 AM

Node: node01_DESKTOP-RFT6H0B

Thread: DIRECTOR

Process ID: 11996

Message Code: CMN_65050

Message: The Integration Service could not log in to the SMTP server.

Severity: INFO

Timestamp: 7/8/2020 2:35:48 AM

Node: node01_DESKTOP-RFT6H0B

Thread: DIRECTOR

Process ID: 11996

Message Code: TM_6231

Message: Error sending post session email for session [s_m_INC_LOAD].

• 1. Re: Configure email on Powercenter
          Smitha HC Guru

Hi,

Refer below KB for further details.

https://kb.informatica.com/solution/14/Pages/111240.aspx

Thanks,

Smitha

• 2. Re: Configure email on Powercenter
            Asmita Kesarwani Seasoned Veteran

Hi K ABD,

As Smitha mentioned , please check if authentication is enabled on SMTP server.

If so, you will have to configure MAPI (outlook configuration) to send emails. You can refer the below document for the same:

Configuring MAPI on Windows

Also, you can double check on the below points:

--Have you restarted the IS after setting these properties.

--Please check if the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) Server Address is correctly mentioned under Integration Service Custom Properties.

Thanks,

Asmita

• 3. Re: Configure email on Powercenter
              K ABD Active Member

Hi,

Do I need to have microsoft exchange server installed on my Laptop or can I use gmail as an alternative.

Thanks

• 4. Re: Configure email on Powercenter
                Nico Heinze Guru

No and no:

If you use SMTP, an Exchange Server profile is not needed.

But PowerCenter can use either an MS Exchange profile or SMTP, nothing else (at least not as of my knowledge).

BTW the real culprit may well be Windows 10. This is no supported platform for PowerCenter server installations, and although your installation MAY seem to work flawlessly, I've seen more than one case where even such "simple" things as sending emails won't work. Using PowerCenter on Windows 10 is nothing but a game of throwing the dice; it MAY work, it may seem to work for a while before all of a sudden the whole installation refuses to work any longer, it may work at most times but throw "interesting" erratic and sporadic errors, and so on. It's really nothing but a game of chance. I wouldn't waste my time trying to make it work. There are reasons why Windows 10 is not a supported platform for the server installation, and your installation might well be one of those many cases where some small "glitch" (like not being able to send emails) is the consequence of trying to run PowerCenter on an unsupported platform. You are playing with your laptop at your own risk, it's that simple.

Regards,

Nico

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Configure email on Powercenter
                  K ABD Active Member

Hi Nico,

Thanks your your response. Currently I do not have a way to testing this on an older version of Windows OS, but at least I know it wasn't something I was doing. If this works on an older version of OS, I will update this thread.

Asmita00u1ftyxp7tny4u3H1d8, could you please check if this a known issue, and if Informatica has a ticket opened for this bug.

Thanks,

Khader

• 6. Re: Configure email on Powercenter
                    Nico Heinze Guru

Sorry to intervene here, but with 100% certainty there won't be any support ticket for this kind of issues:

Windows 10 is no supported platform. So no one running PowerCenter on Windows 10 will get any support for this kind of trouble from Informatica. They simply won't investigate before you have reproduced this issue on a supported operating system. It's that simple.

Sorry that I don't have any more comforting news to share, but that's the naked truth.

And should anyone suspect I were lying, then please read the Support Guidelines And Policies document and the related Support Statements.

Regards,

Nico

• 7. Re: Configure email on Powercenter
                      Nico Heinze Guru

BTW this kind of trouble doesn't have anything to do with the age of the operating system. It's a simple matter of fact that XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.x, and Windows 10 are no supported platforms for an Informatica server installation.

For each Informatica software version, there's a so-called Product Availability Matrix (PAM) avaiable which clearly states which operating system versions are supported for the server and the client installations.

The fact that the PowerCenter clients run on Windows 10 does in no way imply that a server installation on Windows 10 will work correctly (see my first post in this thread). Every PowerCenter user has to accept the fact that the PAM is the "truth" and nothing else.

Regards,

Nico