4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2020 2:19 PM by Sergio Moraes

Column Names Are Not Exported on Drilldown Results

Sergio Moraes New Member

Informatica Data Quality - Developer Tool v. 10.2.0 HF1

On visualizing results from the Drilldown option after a Profile, exporting the Drilldown results mean one of two things:

• Exporting the whole data set by clicking on the folder button - despite the button displaying help text saying "export drilldown results".
      • Exporting the Drilldown results by right-clicking the results and selecting "export results", which means not getting the column names in the results

I saw a similar question answered in the FAQ section about 9 years ago saying it was a known feature request.

Was this fixed in any way? Is there a timeline for fixing it?

• 1. Re: Column Names Are Not Exported on Drilldown Results
          Syed Muzamil Guru

Hi Sergio,

I checked internally and found that on 10.2 HF1 we do have an option to export Profile column drilldown results with column names(below screenshot).

Can you confirm if this is the option you are looking for or share the screenshot here so that we can verify it?

Thanks,

Syed

• 2. Re: Column Names Are Not Exported on Drilldown Results
            Sergio Moraes New Member

Hi Syed,

If that option is found in Informatica Data Quality Developer 10.2.0 HF1, I'm not sure how to get there. Also, judging by the button design of your screenshot I'd say that's in Informatica Analyst isn't it?

Let me share what I see like you suggested.

This is the menu I used to get to the drilldown results I was looking for:

Profile_Results-Drilldown_Menu

This is the menu for exporting the drilldown results from the folder icon o the top right side:

This menu exports the entire data set.

This is the menu for exporting the drilldown using the folder icon on the bottom right side.

This menu also exports the entire data set, despite saying that it will export only the displayed results.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

• 3. Re: Column Names Are Not Exported on Drilldown Results
              Syed Muzamil Guru

Hi Sergio,

That is correct, screenshot which I had shared earlier was captured from the Analyst tool.

Thank you for sharing your detailed analysis with screenshots.

Regarding the last screenshot, where you are exporting the column drilldown results(3 records) is working fine as expected for me on 10.2 HF1 inhouse instance. I did not find any issues with the exported results.

Could you please verify the export results once again and let us know your observations?

Thanks,
              Syed

• 4. Re: Column Names Are Not Exported on Drilldown Results
                Sergio Moraes New Member

Thank you, Syed.

I've scraped my original Profiling and started a new one.

With a new Profiling, I was able to export the Drilling Down Results as you've demonstrated.

Although my original Profiling results are still causing issues, I have opened a ticket with Informatica to look into that.

Thank you very much!