9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2020 9:45 AM by Rahul Yadav

Child Records processing based on the Parent record status

Sundar Mariappan Active Member

I have a use case where child records should not be get picked up for processing until the Parent record processing is complete to become a golden record. Say for example, if Parent record is waiting for the manual merge by data steward, then until the manual merge is getting complete for parent record, the child records should not get picked up for the processing.

Anyone have any idea how to achieve this.

Regards,

Sundar

• 1. Re: Child Records processing based on the Parent record status
          Sathiesh M Guru

In general, you set Accept unmatched records as unique only to the Parent table, ie what is the domain you need to master, only make that table the Golden record say Party table for party master domain.

Other tables like Phone, Address can stay consolidation_ind as 2 forever.

This way whenever there’s a parent consolidation, the child record gets restamped to CI as 4 and participate in match/merge again

Sathiesh M  |  Infa GCS-MDM

• 2. Re: Child Records processing based on the Parent record status

Thanks Sathish for your response. The use case is little different here. The CI is not a problem here. I already have re-queue property enabled for child tables. Thus whenever Parent merge is happens, the CI is getting updated for child tables to 4.

We have another storage where we are storing each Parent & child record with MasterId Information with the help of JMS queue.

For Example - Party is parent table &  Address is child table. After MnM job run, the Party record marked for manual merge and at the same time the child address record promoted to golden by accept as unique. And the MQ generated for the child record and updating the GoldenId on the another storage and marking the status as complete for the child record. Only Parent record is with Pending status on the downstream storage.

Now the DS processing the manual merge record and it is getting merged with another record and merge is complete. Now the parent goldenId would be communicated to downstream storage. The goldenid is getting updated and status is maked to complete.

At the same time on MDM now the child address record re-queued to CI 4 as Partyid got updated. During next batch run, this child record is getting merged with another address record and the goldenid is getting changed and MQ also getting triggered for this change. On downstream system, as this child record status already maked to complete with old golden id and it does not allowing for another update.

So here what we are trying is until the Parent record merge is complete, do not process the child records. Is there way to achieve this.

Regards,

Sundar

• 3. Re: Child Records processing based on the Parent record status
              Balaji Kharade Guru

one way I could think is exclude match flag on the child table and in the post merge user exits of the Parent, the exclude match flag of their childs can be updated and they will be picked for matching and merging.

hope this helps.

Thanks,

Balaji kharade

• 4. Re: Child Records processing based on the Parent record status

Thanks Balaji for you response. Are you referring AutoMergeInd from MTCH as match flag? or do have match flag located on different table.

And do we need to create custom code to exclude the child records or do we have any options from out of box to exclude it.

Regards,

Sundar

• 5. Re: Child Records processing based on the Parent record status
                  Balaji Kharade Guru

Hi Sundar,

Exclude from match is a column which can be created on the BOs and depending on the this flag ,the records are excluded or included in the matching process.

This is one way of achieving the requirement or as you pointed out another way is to remove the matches from the child match table if its parent is in manual queue using the post match user exits.

Please try and check if you can use the match filters as well with the same logic ( if this works it can be considered as the out of box configuration). I have not used the match filters option, but have used exclude from match and removing from match tables approaches.

Thanks,

Balaji Kharade

• 6. Re: Child Records processing based on the Parent record status

Hi Balaji,

I have added the field EXCLUDE_FROM_MATCH in my child BO and set default value to 0. I updated this field to 1 for the child record using data manager in hub console and running match job.

I was expecting the record with exclude from match flag as 1 would not get picked up by the match job. But I am not getting expected result. The record with flag 1 getting picked up by the match job and row is getting consolidated.

Do we need update any configuration/properties file for this functionality to get enabled. Can you please help me on this.

Regards,

Sundar

• 7. Re: Child Records processing based on the Parent record status
                      Balaji Kharade Guru

Hi Sundar,

Can you please check KB 570002 and see if it works.

Thanks,

Balaji Kharade

• 8. Re: Child Records processing based on the Parent record status

Thanks Balaji.I checked that KB. In my use case, the child table is Exact match table. No tokens have been generated in STRP table during data insertion. So its not required to re-run the tokenization again after updating exclude from match flag. Do you think of any other parameter needs to be updated in any of the configuration file to enable this logic.

Regards,

Sundar

• 9. Re: Child Records processing based on the Parent record status
                          Rahul Yadav Guru

Hello Sundar, You may need revisit your design approach. Ideally Parent and Child should be processes as per thier sequence. Adding extra dependencies as the way mentioned will add more complexity and will be difficult to manage.