First of all, could you please confirm the following details?
- Version of PWX for mainframe
- Which PWX for mainframe product(s) you want to use
- PowerCenter, IDQ, or whatever INFA product
- version of the INFA product(s)
- what data on the mainframe do you want to access? Sequential files, Db2, ADABAS...
- what's your Informatica server OS (including exact version)
Developer isn't part of PWX. It is part of the INFA Platform client tools.
However, you can't use Developer with CDC. None of the INFA Platform products can consume a PWX CDC change stream.
PowerCenter with PC RealTime can consume a PWX CDC change stream.
- For this you would be using the PC client toolset.
IICS with one of the CDC options can consume a PWX CDC change stream.
- For this you would be using the IICS client toolset.
PWX CDC Publisher can consume a PWX CDC change stream.
For all 3 of the above you would be using the PWX Navigator to define capture registrations and extraction maps.
PWX Navigator is installed by default whenever you install PWX on Windows.
- Version of PWX for mainframe - PWX 10.4
- Which PWX for mainframe product(s) you want to use - Our activity is to perform Profiling and obfuscation of Mainframe data. We also purchased TDM.
- version of the INFA product(s) - 10.4
- what data on the mainframe do you want to access? Sequential files, Db2, ADABAS... DB2 , sequential files , VSAM.
- what's your Informatica server OS (including exact version) - Windows 2016 64 Bit.
Odd. Those are all batch access, so you don't need an ECCR, Agent, or Logger on z/OS.
All you need on z/OS is PWX Listener.
You will still need PWX Navigator on Windows, to create datamaps for ADABAS and sequential files.
(You don't need datamaps to access DB2, except in rare cases where you want to use some PWX column level functions.)
Thanks Dan. for the confirmation.
To perform Data profiling and obfuscation of Mainframe Database and Files via INFA we need following.
1. Install PWX listener into Mainframe.
2. Install PWX client and TDM in Client side to access the DB2 and files.
Sorry for the seemingly stupid question, but in your initial post you mentioned CDC. What CDC products do you have / do you intend to use? On what kind of source data?
Use of the term "client" is confusing.
From a pure client/server perspective, you need PWX on z/OS (server) and PWX on the Integration Service machine (client). On z/OS, you will need to run PWX Listener. You don't need to start any PWX process on the IS/DIS, as PWX is called by the sessions when they run.
However, many people call the developer/designer type tools "clients", and in that perspective you also need PWX installed wherever you run those tools.
You also need PWX installed wherever you want to run PWX Navigator (the PWX development tool); that is probably on the same box as PC Designer/Platform Developer, so this normally doesn't mean an additional install.
There are more moving parts when using PWX CDC, but where the installs occur is the same.