1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 9, 2020 1:01 AM by Krishna Gangwar

How to Add Username/password to Postman while invoking Informatica REST Webservice

Dhinesh Kumar Guru

Have created informatica REST webservice (data service) and enabled ws security option in informatica 10.4 (data quality version).

Once deployed, i can able to invoke the webservice from postman using basic Auth method by providing user name and passsword in plan englidh. However, If i encode the passsword to md5 and base64 encryption, if i provide the encrypted password to basis auth method. if is failing. Which authendication method to be used

{

"Fault": {

"Message": "Authentication failed due to [[DSCMN_10000] [UM_10205] Failed to authenticate the user [user1] that belongs to the security domain [Native]. For more information, see the domain logs..].",

"Code": "RESTCMN_10045"

}

}

• 1. Re: How to Add Username/password to Postman while invoking Informatica REST Webservice
          Krishna Gangwar Seasoned Veteran

Hi Dinesh,

The Data Quality REST web service only supports plain-text authentication as of now. The error you are facing is because you are trying to pass the encoded password instead of the plain-text. However, when you pass the plain-text username and password, the REST client (Postman in this case) generated an authentication header and the username and password are sent in the encoded form.

If you wish to improve the security, it is recommended to enable HTTPS for the DIS instead of using plain HTTP.

Let me knnow if this helps.

Regards,

Krishna

1 of 1 people found this helpful