6 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2020 12:31 PM by Shiney Abraham

Identity Columns in DB2 tables

Shiney Abraham Seasoned Veteran

Hi,

I'm performing inflight masking on DB2 tables and some tables have identity columns as generated always. When I'm generating workflows then all the workflows are getting generated with disable-enable command task. Why is all the workflows getting generated with disable-enable identity task when only few tables have identity column? Is there a way to generate without these tasks? In my target, I have set the identity column as generated by default so that I can maintain same values as source.

• 1. Re: Identity Columns in DB2 tables
          Tejaswi G New Member

Hi Shiney,

These command tasks will be generated to identity column included in the plan. Currently there is no option to disable these to from the TDM.

Regards,

Tejaswi

• 2. Re: Identity Columns in DB2 tables

Thanks Tejaswi. I have a table with huge volume and wanted to understand the performance hit with disable and enable identity column.

• 3. Re: Identity Columns in DB2 tables
              Tejaswi G New Member

Ideally there should not be any performance issue. As the handling of this depends on the database  and TDM pushes these queries to the database.There are also lot of parameters are involved in the performance.

If you still face any performance issue, please raise a case with the GCS to analyze the logs further.

• 4. Re: Identity Columns in DB2 tables

hi Tejaswi,

Does these enable and disable command task use LDAP ID password to execute unix commands? I changed my LDAP password and after that these command tasks are not executing. After looking at the command tasks, it looks like the xml has server details along wih my LDAP user id with encrypted password. Are these command task specific to particular sever only and will they not workif password is changed?

<TDMConnection host="">

<Authentication username="XXXXXX" password="XXXXXXXXXX==" scope="LDAP" />

• 5. Re: Identity Columns in DB2 tables
                  Tejaswi G New Member

Hi Shiney,

The enable and disable command task use the database credentials to connect and execute the command task. If these credentials, Please update the details in TDM connection.

If you Informatica LDAP details are updated and you are able to login to TDM, then these command tasks failing for some other reason. if you execute the failing command from the workflow logs in the server, you should get the details of the error.

Thanks,

Tejaswi

• 6. Re: Identity Columns in DB2 tables

Hi Tejaswi,

I created a new plan and took its encrypted password and updated it to the old task which was failing. After this change my old task which was failing earlier was executed successfully.  My TDM connection uses non personal id. Preprocess Identity task is creating a xml with below details. Authentication tag has my LDAP ID/pwd and when I change my password then it is not working. With each password change Im able to login to TDM. After preprocess Identity task, workflow has Disable task and in that I can see that database connection details are present.

<Connections>  <TDMConnection host="HOST_NAME" port="6605" domain="Domain_NAME" node="Node01_NAME" tls="false" httpsport="">    
                    <Authentication username="USER_ID" password="PASSWORD" scope="LDAP" />    
                    <AccessScope integration_service="IS_NAME" foldername="FOLDER_NAME"  />    
                    <ParameterDetails>      
                    <ParameterFile path="$$WFPRM__9" />      
                    <Parameters>         <Parameter name="$DBConnectionTGT" ownername="$ParamSchemaTGT" databasetype="DB2" filename="xxx.xml">          
                    <table name="TABLE_NAME" />        
                    </Parameter>      
                    </Parameters>    
                    </ParameterDetails>  
                    </TDMConnection>
                    </Connections>