4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2020 4:36 AM by Manasa Chinnasani

Automatic refresh of PIM web UI

Manasa Chinnasani Guru

Hi All,

I have a use case where i am updating some field values through ActiveVOS but the values are displaying only after refresh of screen.

I want to know if there is any way to refresh UI screen automatically, through rest API or any other means.

Any help is much appreciated!!

Regards,

Manasa

• 1. Re: Automatic refresh of PIM web UI
          Stefan Reinhardt Guru

Hi Manasa,

we have introduced a field definition attribute 'refreshOnClick' which is not exactly what you ask for but may be still interesting to check out. It has been included with 8.0.6.06, 8.1.0.03, 8.1.1.01 and 10.0.

If the field definition attribute 'refreshOnClick' is set to 'true', then the content of detail tab will be refreshed on each time you click into it.

Example:

<formDefinitions xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="FormDefinitions.xsd">

<definition debugId="article_example_tab" i18NKey="Example" permissionId="web.article.detail.tabs.texts" position="100" rootEntity="Article" refreshOnClick="true">

<column>

</column>

</definition>

</formDefinitions>

The detail tab 'Example' will be refreshed each time if you click into it. Be careful not to use it too extensively as this can drastically affect performance.

Regards,

Stefan

• 2. Re: Automatic refresh of PIM web UI
            Manasa Chinnasani Guru

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for reply.

I had a check on the feature specified, but we have table definition in detail tab. so we want to refresh a row on click of that particular row, but not tab. this is because we are populating timestamp when ever there is any manual edit to a record in table through ActiveVOS but users not able to see the values immediately.

Is there any possibility to achieve this.

Regards,

Manasa

• 3. Re: Automatic refresh of PIM web UI
              Stefan Reinhardt Guru

Hi Manasa,

other than this we of course try to reflect updates on the UI and for users as early as possible in general. No specific trigger or property directly for what you ask but I would recommend to give it another round of testing:

1. Have two browsers open and perform updates on the data in one and see if the other automatically updates as well?

2. Have a manual REST call outside the workflow setup and see if updates are reflected immediately or not

Also share the version you are on to understand better whether the behavior has improved with a later release already.

Thanks,

Stefan

• 4. Re: Automatic refresh of PIM web UI
                Manasa Chinnasani Guru

Hi Stefan,

I have two fields to populate time stamps one to populate on creation and one for update. while creating any entry creation timestamp is appearing immediately, but update did not.

1. I tried in two browsers, when i update a value in one, it is displaying in other as well. but timestamps not visible in both the instances.

2. Tried hitting rest call manually, able to see values immediately.

Now we are on 8.1.1 hotfix 3.

Regards,

Manasa