7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2021 4:00 PM by veer sr

Automatically triggering a subscription

Jon Nettum Active Member

Hi,

I'm using Cloud Integration Hub (CIH) with Cloud Application Integration (CAI) Processes.

First of all, I'd like to hear whether you have any Best Practices or examples of using CAI Processes with CIH.

Secondly, I wonder how to use the Notification URL function in a subscription to trigger a CAI Process. I keep getting an error:

"Cannot update subscription 'subName'. One or more of the subscription events are not final.". Do you have any documentation for the Notification URL function? If using the Notification URL function is not feasable, I'd like to know how to automatically trigger a subscription.

Thank you!

Br,

Jon

• 1. Re: Automatically triggering a subscription
          Arnaud Deneux New Member

Hi Jon

Have you created the 3 inputs fields publicationEventId, subscriptionEventId, subscriptionName in the Start step of your process?

If yes, how do you pass it to the body of the API call?

Regards,

Arnaud

• 2. Re: Automatically triggering a subscription
            Jon Nettum Active Member

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for you reply. However, I'm not sure if I understand.

Is your response in regard to using CIH with CAI Processes? If so I guess I'll have to follow the guidelines in for Cloud Integration Hub REST APIs  together with how to configure a CAI process. Nevertheless, if you have any clever ways to use CIH together with CAI, I'm all ears. If your response is in regard to using the Notification URL, I don't understand how any process input fields are relevant for the inital triggering of the REST based process. You see, the process is not triggered in the first place as I get an error when trying to save the subscription in CIH.

Anyways, I don't think using the Notification URL to trigger a process is a good idea after all. Correct me if I'm wrong though!

If you have any ideas on how to trigger a process automatically without using a schedule after a publication is successful and a subscription process is ready to get triggered, I'm interested.

Br,

Jon

• 3. Re: Automatically triggering a subscription
              Arnaud Deneux New Member

OK, let's answer step by step

>> Is your response in regard to using CIH with CAI Processes?

Yes, you said "I'm using Cloud Integration Hub (CIH) with Cloud Application Integration (CAI) Processes." so I figured that was where you needed help.

CIH + CAI is a great way to manage end to end integration in real time.

>>the process is not triggered in the first place as I get an error when trying to save the subscription in CIH

First you need to go to the Events page in CIH and discard the events (in a waiting state) on the subscription you want to update. To do this you go on the event, right click, change state and discard. After that you will be allowed to update your subscription.

>>I don't understand how any process input fields are relevant for the inital triggering of the REST based process

It is not the triggering of the process itself that needs inputs, but once it's triggered the process needs to know what event the subscription is supposed to get so it's mandatory inputs.

Hope this helps

Arnaud

• 4. Re: Automatically triggering a subscription
                Shrihari Kulkarni New Member

Hi Jon,

I can answer from CIH perspective. Yes, you can use notification URL and provide the CAI process URL so that the process will be triggered once the data is ready.

Also, please go to the events section of CIH, select filter icon, you'll see days-> Select All. And then in the subscription, provide the subscription name and then filter. There will be some events which are not in final status, you can just discard them, if you don't need to and then you can update the subscription.

• 5. Re: Automatically triggering a subscription
                  Prasenjit Saha Guru

Hello Jon,

Adding with the last post of Shrihari. Please check the below document, this may help you:

https://network.informatica.com/onlinehelp/IICS/prod/CIH/en/index.htm#page/cloud-integration-hub-cloud-integration-hub/Run_Publication_Subscription_REST_API.html

Thanks,

Prasenjit

• 6. Re: Automatically triggering a subscription
                    Prasenjit Saha Guru

Hello Jan,

Please close this thread if your query is addressed already.

Regards,

Prasenjit

• 7. Re: Automatically triggering a subscription
                      veer sr New Member

Arnaud_Deneux or Jon Nettum

Can you please share with examples or in details how to use CIH in CAI? I tried used REST API as mentioned in doc but no luck. I'm not sure what I'm missing.

I'm in similar situation as Jon's post.  When I post new discussion thats been pending at moderator! something is wrong in Cloud Hub knowldge base unlike as CDI or CAI knowldege base.

much appreciate for your time and effort.

Shrihari00u17ep8q8kWZFQdA1d8

inuser480707

inuser515551