3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2020 10:55 AM by Darren Wrigley

Identifying followers of an asset

Ken Guyette Guru

Is there any mechanism with Enterprise Data Catalog to identify who is following an asset and which assets they may be following?  We have about 70 users so far and would like to know who is following different assets.

• 1. Re: Identifying followers of an asset
          Brian Shepherd Seasoned Veteran

You can use the RestAPI to do this:

• Use /2/catalog/data/subscriptions to get a list of objects that have subscriptions
          • Loop through the results and use /2/catalog/data/subscriptions/{id}/subscribers to get the list of users who are subscribed to the object

Brian

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Identifying followers of an asset
            Ken Guyette Guru

Thanks for the info.  That is useful.  In the first API you gave it appears that I am required to log in with my LDAP user id and password.  This then returns just a list of objects to which I am following.  Is there a way to do this more globally so I can see all objects that have subscriptions?  We currently have about 70 users and I do not have access to their passwords.

The 2nd API call seems to work well but I really need the list of all objects being followed because we have somewhere around 125,000 assets currently (and growing) and I believe just a small subset being followed.

Also any idea where I can find the reference guide for the 10.4 API's?  According to this KB article there is a reference guide but I have searched everywhere and cannot seem to find it.

• 3. Re: Identifying followers of an asset
              Darren Wrigley Guru

Hi Ken,

the api as it is today does not allow for querying the list of subscriptions for all users.   

the main use-case for that endpoint today is the UI - where you list subscriptions for the user that is currently logged in.

I will find out if that is likely to change in 10.4.1