9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2020 6:46 AM by Randy Dicello

Privileges and Permissions for IDQ Human Tasks

Willem Carel Versteegt New Member

For settting up Human Tasks in IDQ I see two main roles / functions:

- The Business Administrator

- The Task Performer

What permission should I give to a IDQ Human Task Business Administrator (Group) in the Informatica Administrator so she/he can perform all actions in the Analyst tool? The actions are:

- Open

- View

- Complete Linked Tasks

- Reassign Task

- Release task

• 1. Re: Privileges and Permissions for IDQ Human Tasks
          Robert Whelan Guru

Hi,

Most of the Human Task permissions are controlled from the Task configuration rather than the Admin Console. To access Analyst the user will need the Access Analyst privilege under the MRS associated with your Analyst service.

Determining the actions the user can take is documented in the Developer Workflow Guide - Step Properties

• 2. Re: Privileges and Permissions for IDQ Human Tasks

Hi Robert,

That was what I also thought, however that didn't work out for me. So i did the following:

I have a role "Data HT Business Administrator". That has the privilege "Access Analyst" on the "Model Repository Service".

This role has been given to a group called "LOCATIE_BEHEER_ISU_BusinessAdministrator_HT". This group has no permissions, but has the following privileges:

- On the MRS: two roles "Access to Reference  Data"(custom role) and "Data HT Business Administrator. Given only the privileg "Access Analyst".

- On the CMS: One role ""Access to Reference  Data". Given the privilege "Edit Reference Table Data".

- On the AS:  One role ""Access to Reference  Data". Given the privilege "Design Workspace".

The forementioned group has Read and Write on the Project in which the Human Tasks were created.

The group has three members.

I'm focusing just on the member using for testing, named "DQ_TST_USER_01". This user has no permissions and has the privileges of the group he belongs to. He can access the Analyst tool

I ran the workflow, which completed successfully, but my testing user can't even see the tasks in the Analyst, so certainly can not perform the duties of a HT Business Administrator.

On the "Human Task" level within the workflow the group (LOCATIE_BEHEER_ISU_BusinessAdministrator_HT) has been entered as the Business Administrator. The HT consists of two steps, an Exception step and a review step. In each step the groop has been added as both "Task Performer" and "Business Administrator".

There must be something missing (for me this is new territory and I can't find an Informatica guide how to set this up).

All help is welcome.

• 3. Re: Privileges and Permissions for IDQ Human Tasks
              Robert Whelan Guru

The steps you followed appear fine.

1. If you login to Analyst as one of the Business Administrator users, can you see the task? Is it listed if you select the Task Administration?
              2. Can you test the workflow by assigning the task performer as a user instead of a group. It should work for the group but this simplifies the testing.

If the tasks don't show up after the steps above, can you try a data preview on the Bad Records table you created to confirm it contains data. Assuming it does, it may be a configuration issue on the mapping (e.g. is the exception count configured on the mapping output) or workflow (e.g. configuration of the exception count from mapping to Human Task)

• 4. Re: Privileges and Permissions for IDQ Human Tasks

Hi Robert,

When I log on with my own account (administrator rights, also for the Analyst tool in this specific situation/workflow), I can see the tasks, but can not perform all acctions that a Business Administrator is supposed to do. I can only open, view and release tasks, not reassign e.g.

For my special test-user, this is what I did:

- I removed the test-suer from the business administrator group for human tasks

- I added the test user as business administrator, both on workflow level and on specific task level

- I gave the test-user permissions to access the Analyst tool

- I redeployed the appication and ran the workflow

- I logged on to the Analyst tool with the test user, but no tasks show up.

I did the above on our testing envirenment. When I do the same on our development environment it all works as intended.

What else can I check?

Could it be a difference in setup/installation between our development and testing environment? And if so, where can I go to find out?

Regards, Willem Carel

• 5. Re: Privileges and Permissions for IDQ Human Tasks
                  Robert Whelan Guru

Hi,

It is probably some configuration difference between the 2 environments. As identifying the cause may require sharing of the workflow metadata or a screenshare, I'd suggest opening a case with support.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Privileges and Permissions for IDQ Human Tasks

Hi Robert,

Thank you for thinking along. I will have one more look but then we will open a case with support.

Regards Willem Carel

• 7. Re: Privileges and Permissions for IDQ Human Tasks
                      Randy Dicello New Member

Willem - were you ever able to resolve this issue?

• 8. Re: Privileges and Permissions for IDQ Human Tasks

Hi Randy,

Thnx for asking.

The exact details I forgot, but as I recall the definition we used needed just a little tweak. And I think a restart also helped.

For me this is completed now because it works as intended.

Grtz. Willem Carel

• 9. Re: Privileges and Permissions for IDQ Human Tasks
                          Randy Dicello New Member

If you recall what those tweaks were, please let me know.  Thanks!