3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2020 12:08 PM by Nico Heinze

No data in Repository table

lavina.agarwal@tcs.com New Member

Hello ,

Recently our database has migrated from an old server to a new server. But there is no data in repository tables , and maily we are concenered with REP_SESS_LOG.

Can you please help us troubleshoot  from where the data comes in REP_SESS_LOG and why we are not able to see any data in REP_SESS_LOGS(In oracle).

• 1. Re: No data in Repository table
          Nico Heinze Guru

First REP_SESS_LOG is a database view, not a table.

Second it will show data only until someone purges all runtime log entries from the repository.

So I dare to assume that someone either has used the command-line utility "pmrep" and its sub-function "TruncateLog" or has performed a Truncate Logs in the Repository Manager. Both actions perform the same task, namely removing log entries from the repository tables (and in consequence from the view REP_SESS_LOG).

At least I haven't seen any other instances where data from REP_SESS_LOG are simply "vanished".

Also it might help if you would please post the exact version of PowerCenter, of the Oracle DBMS, of the Oracle client you're using with PowerCenter, and the platform (OS / hardware).

Regards,

Nico

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: No data in Repository table
            lavina.agarwal@tcs.com New Member

Hi Nico,

Yes you are right,We do perform database log cleaning every month here. But the problem here is that we use this view REP_SESS_LOG as a source in one of our mapping(In which it sends an email if there are any errors in workflow logs), So now since this view is empty thats why it is not able to fetch any data and send any mail. So stopping the database log cleaning might solve this issue ?

• 3. Re: No data in Repository table
              Nico Heinze Guru

You should not only stop DB cleaning, you should never have used it. That's what the functionality "truncate logs" is for.

I've seen one case where DB cleaning led to 33 GB of "orphaned" records in some tables (after one year of usage only). So I firmly suggest you back up that repository but without log entries; remove the DB contents completely; restore the backup file; and from that point in time onward never again use DB cleaning but "pmrep TruncateLog".

Regards,

Nico