1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 7, 2020 12:13 PM by Tyler Allison

How to Call a REST API and Return the Response As-is

Tyler Allison New Member

Hello, this may be a relatively beginner question but I haven't been able to find any documentation on how to do this basic task.

I have a back-end API that I call (with path parameters) and it returns an XML response. All I want to do is pass this response as is directly back through the REST API endpoint that I have setup in API Manager.

So far, I've gotten so far as setting up the following:

• Service Connector, which correctly calls the API and returns the response exactly as is when tested alone.
      • App Connection, which has the type of the above Service Connector with the appropriate agent selected
      • Process, with only the above App Connection defined (no other element except Start and End)
      • API endpoint in API Manager, referring to the above Process

The problem is that my XML response seems to get wrapped with two additional elements (one as "<name_of_service>Response" and the other with the name of the response variable in the Process). I wish to return the response without these elements, but haven't found a way to do so.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some documentation or examples that can help solve this problem? I can provide any additional detail if required.

Thanks!