10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2020 5:58 PM by Darren Wrigley

EDC-Powercenter resource

Stephen McVeigh Active Member

Hi Team,

I am trying to load a Powercenter resource in EDC but when I click the Test Connection it gives an error that the connection information is invalid. I know the credentials are correct as I can log in to powercenter with these. Is there some configuration required for Powercenter resource that I have to set?

Oracle resources are working fine.

Thanks,
      Stephen

• 1. Re: EDC-Powercenter resource
          Srinivas Pai Guru

Stephen

Powercenter uses pmrep internally to connect to be repository and extract the metadata.

The pmrep client utilities are present under the <INFA_HOME>/services/CatalogServices/ScannerBinaries folder.

You can validate the same from the LDM.log search for the string "PATH to pmrep" to find the location of utility.

Once we find the same run the pmrep connect command to validate the connect standalone.

The above should give us a confirmation on the parameters used.

The common cases where these issues are seen are

1) User credentials provided are incorrect

2) Domain or service details provided are incorrect

3) If the Powercenter domain is SSL enabled, the required env variables are not set

4) The port on which the repository is running is not open over the network.

Regards

Srinivas

• 2. Re: EDC-Powercenter resource

Hi Srinivas,

I have tried running the pmrep connect command but get the error:

Failed to understand the response [] from server.....an unexpected token was encountered during deserialization

Repository connection failed.

Failed to execute connect.

Could this be due to mismatching versions, is there any way to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Stephen

• 3. Re: EDC-Powercenter resource

In LDM.log -

2020-01-13 15:34:03,814 - INFO  [MIMB-1578929643760-0:MIMBUtilityLogger@26] -  INFO MIMB_I0031     Path to PMREP = /opt/informatica/EDC_MDE_01/10.2.2/services/CatalogService/scanner_agents/PC_Client/10.2.0/pmrep

2020-01-13 15:34:04,292 - INFO  [MIMB-1578929643760-0:MIMBUtilityLogger@26] -  ERROR BLIB_E0144 Failed to spawn process '/opt/informatica/EDC_MDE_01/10.2.2/services/CatalogService/scanner_agents/PC_Client/10.2.0/pmrep'. Error code=java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/opt/informatica/EDC_MDE_01/10.2.2/services/CatalogService/scanner_agents/PC_Client/10.2.0/pmrep" (in directory "/opt/informatica/EDC_MDE_01/10.2.2/services/CatalogService/scanner_agents/PC_Client/10.2.0"): error=2, No such file or directory. Message: Cannot run program "/opt/informatica/EDC_MDE_01/10.2.2/services/CatalogService/scanner_agents/PC_Client/10.2.0/pmrep" (in directory "/opt/informatica/EDC_MDE_01/10.2.2/services/CatalogService/scanner_agents/PC_Client/10.2.0"): error=2, No such file or directory

Does this mean I need to update location of pmrep?

• 4. Re: EDC-Powercenter resource
                Darren Wrigley Guru

check the $INFA_HOME/services/CatalogService/ScannerBinaries folder - it should have a file named PC_Client_1020.zip  (matching the version of PC that you are scanning).

if that file is not there,  you will need to extract it from ScannerBinaries.zip into the ScannerBinaries folder and re-start the catalog service.

• 5. Re: EDC-Powercenter resource

Hi Darren, there is no PC_Client files in that folder, also in the scanner_agents folder there are no files in any of the directories. Where is the ScannerBinaries.zip located?

Thanks,

Stephen

• 6. Re: EDC-Powercenter resource
                    Darren Wrigley Guru

ScannerBinaries.zip is usually included with the install links for EDC.  You can create a shipping request to get a download link.  when doing that, you should include the version of EDC that you are using.

after extracting/copying the files you need to the ScannerBinaries folder - after re-starting the catalog service, it will create the scanner_agents folder and extract each client version there.  these files are used for the test connect & the same .zip file(s) are copied to hdfs for executing the scan.

you won't need all of the contents of ScannerBinaries.zip - it is very large & has many versions of pc(pmrep) and infacmd

• 7. Re: EDC-Powercenter resource
                      Brian T Vance Active Member

Hi Stephen,

Did you ever get this resolved? We are experiencing the same issue.

Thanks!

• 8. Re: EDC-Powercenter resource

Hi Brian,

Yes the scanner binaries were missing, had to copy them into the correct location.

Thanks,

Stephen

• 9. Re: EDC-Powercenter resource
                          Brian T Vance Active Member

Thanks Stephen,

Looks like we have all the files where they are supposed to be but we are still getting that error.

• 10. Re: EDC-Powercenter resource
                            Darren Wrigley Guru

Brian - what is the edc version you are using and the version of PC that you are trying to scan?