5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2020 6:45 AM by Robert Whelan

IDQ - Error on Validation Rule

Alex _ Guru

Hi all,

I developed a custom dq rule that uses a existing rule in my project but I have one problem when I run the validation rule.

PS. In other custom rules I havn't had any problem with this approach (rule in rule)

The error log write

FilterProductType Mapping Instance [Filter] cannot be used in a Rule since it is active.

The rule uses the filter module.

What could be the problem?

Thanks,

A

IDQ 10.2

PIM 8.1.1.04

• 1. Re: IDQ - Error on Validation Rule
          Robert Whelan Guru

Hi,

The Filter Tx is an active transformation i.e any transformation which cannot guarantee the rows out will be the same number or in the same order as received.

Mapplets can have active transformations but a rule cannot.

• 2. Re: IDQ - Error on Validation Rule
            Alex _ Guru

Hi Robert,

thanks for your response.

I have an another observation for you:

• The rule exist in for the version 9.6.1 and it works.
            • We upgraded the IDQ from 9.6.1 to 10.2HF2

how is possible that for the 9.6.1 the rule works and for the 10.2 the rule doens't works?

Thanks,

A

• 3. Re: IDQ - Error on Validation Rule
              Robert Whelan Guru

Hi,

It shouldn't have worked in 9.6.1 as active Tx have never been supported in rules. The reason it seemed ok in 9.6.1 may have been due to some validation not being performed and this has been corrected in 10.2.

Is it a requirement of integration with PIM that a mapplet must be validated as a rule?

• 4. Re: IDQ - Error on Validation Rule
                Alex _ Guru

Hi,

yes, the rule is used in PIM.

Unfortunatly, the old rule is developed by another service integrator so it's hard understand if this module is "useful".

Is there a different way to filter the output in a rule?

A

• 5. Re: IDQ - Error on Validation Rule
                  Robert Whelan Guru

Hi,

In a rule there is no way to filter data as this would make it active i.e. data out does not have the same number of records and order as the input.

Hence why I asked, is it a PIM requirement that only rules can be used or is it possible to use a mapplet? Mapplets are the same as rules with the exception, they can contain an active Tx so while all rules are also mapplets, not all mapplets can be validated as a rule.