2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2019 8:25 AM by Ramadevi Bapatla

Duplicate Attributes in Axon

Ramadevi Bapatla New Member

I have a situation where there are multiple attributes with same name ,same  System , same dataset (resource in EDC but from different views within that resource).

Axon is rejecting those multiple fields that they are duplicates. If I want to follow lineage in EDC, since the attributes have different lineage (since different views within the resource), how should I handle it? I can now only load one  of those.

• 1. Re: Duplicate Attributes in Axon
          Srinivas Pai Guru

Hi Ramadevi

Could you please elaborate more on the use-case here.

I am not sure how did you create multiple attributes (read asset name or object name) within a resource in EDC.

As any datasource would not let you create multiple objects with the same name.

Would be helpful if you can explain the issue with some screenshots.

Regards

Srinivas

• 2. Re: Duplicate Attributes in Axon
            Ramadevi Bapatla New Member

Hi Srinivas,

I have a Resource 'Redshift'  in EDC which I translated to Dataset in Axon. That resource has multiple views and attributes with same name spanned across those views. I can only pick only one attribute from one view from that Dataset because Axon takes only one record of Attribute name+Dataset+System . If I have to see lineage of other attributes too, for some reason (like DQ issue for a report having them etc), how do we do that?