3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2019 8:04 AM by Danny Guerra

ayuda !!! help !!! error

Danny Guerra New Member

FnName: Execute -- [Informatica][ODBC SQL Server Wire Protocol driver]Operation cancelled. Error in parameter 20.

FnName: Execute -- [Informatica][ODBC SQL Server Wire Protocol driver]Invalid datetime format. Error in parameter 1.

FnName: Execute -- [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Function sequence error

alguien me podria ayudar con este error ? porfavor

could someone help me with this error plis

• 1. Re: ayuda !!! help !!! error
          Nitin KN Guru

it seems you are inserting to SQL Server table with datetime column.

check the format of the date you are inserting, i think it should be yyyy-mm-dd .......

• 2. Re: ayuda !!! help !!! error
            Nico Heinze Guru

Indeed SQL Server understands a whole lot of different date/time formats (and many of them are "localised", meaning that the exact format depends on the country you work in).

So chances are good that you feed some unusable format into a Date/Time value if you feed it via a string instead of with a Date/Time port in PowerCenter / ICS / IICS.

Could you please check whether the port you're feeding to SQL Server is a String port or a Date/Time port in your mapping?

If it is a string port in the mapping, then you should explicitly translate it to a Date/Time port using the TO_DATE() function, then you can safely forward this Date/Time port to SQL Server.

Everything else can get you into serious trouble (as you already found out).

Regards,

Nico

• 3. Re: ayuda !!! help !!! error
              Danny Guerra New Member

Thank you dear for your help, I managed to identify the error, and this was that there were records with dates lower than those supported by SQL SERVER, so I put a mask to enter the table and the process was executed, thanks