3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2019 12:34 PM by Nico Heinze

Informatica Upgrade from 9.0.1

Ashish Pandit New Member

I want to upgrade from Informatica 9.0.1 to 10.2 and I Installed windows 2012 R2 initially and copied previous version folder to new machine for upgrade.When I start the installation of Informatica 9.5.1 this gives error :

ZeroGu6: Windows DLL failed to load

at ZeroGa4.b(DashoA10*..)

at ZeroGa4.b(DashoA10*..)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.b(DashoA10*..)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.a(DashoA10*..)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(DashoA10*..)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(DashoA10*..)

at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA10*..)

How can we upgrade from 9.0.1 to 10.2

• 1. Re: Informatica Upgrade from 9.0.1
          Segolene Delaby Active Member

Hello,

It seems you are trying to install the version 9.5.1 on an unsupported Operating System.

Please review the KB : https://kb.informatica.com/solution/23/Pages/61/509827.aspx

For 9.5.1 HF1, if you want to run the installation on Windows only Windows 2008 and Windows 2008 R2 are supported.

• 2. Re: Informatica Upgrade from 9.0.1
            Ashish Pandit New Member

Isn't there any workaround because finally I have to upgrade Informatica to 10.2 and once I downgrade to 2008 just for installing 9.5.1, I still have to upgrade it to 2012 R2 for Informatica 10.2.

Can I do it in an extra machine with 2008 installed and install Informatica 9.5.1 there connecting to same Database repository and after upgrading repositories then Installing 9.6.1 in previous 2012 R2.

• 3. Re: Informatica Upgrade from 9.0.1
              Nico Heinze Guru

First it's ugly that you posted the same question twice, this forces people like me to respond to two posts with the same responses. No fun for me.

Second no, there's no simple "workaround". You have to follow the PAMs (Product Availability Matrices) as stated by Informatica. There's no other way. I've seen hundreds of people over the past 18 years trying to take such "shortcuts", and none of them worked reliably. Don't waste your time by trying such "workarounds", they simply are not supported and (in particular under Windows) most often lead to all sorts of severe trouble. Nothing but a waste of time in my experience.

And yes, that DOES mean that you need several Windows installations to perform those intermediate upgrades in a safe manner. Again, I've never seen anyone succeed in finding "shortcuts" which work reliably.

Regards,

Nico