3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2019 12:50 PM by Nico Heinze

How can I choose selected pipeline in mapping for debugger

Karthik G New Member

Hi All,

I'm using debugger for a mapping which has 2 pipelines, in 1st pipeline i almost have 8 lakh records, but i want to check the data for 2nd pipeline , so how can i skip the 1st pipeline and choose the 2nd pipeline to use the debugger 

• 1. Re: How can I choose selected pipeline in mapping for debugger
          Nico Heinze Guru

Honestly I don't know whether this works in the Platform debugger as well, but in PowerCenter you can click on one transformation (in your case some transformation in the second pipeline) and choose Step To (or Step To Instance? Don't recall off the top of my head) in the debugger menu. That should skip all transformations until the Integration Service (resp. the Data Integration Service on the Platform) hits that transformation in the second pipeline.

Regards,

Nico

• 2. Re: How can I choose selected pipeline in mapping for debugger
            Karthik G New Member

Thanks for the response Nico,

I tried that still it is processing all the records in the 1st pipeline to come to the selected transformation, which is taking more time to come for 2nd pipeline(more than +12 hours of time). If I change the target load plan and make 2nd pipeline to load first, that won't help because 2nd pipeline has data transformation dependencies on 1st pipeline. Guessing there is no way to do this, has to go through all the records i guess.

If anyone knows there is a way to do this that would be helpful

• 3. Re: How can I choose selected pipeline in mapping for debugger
              Nico Heinze Guru

There is one way:

Split up the mapping into two. This means you can run the first part once, then you can start the second mapping in the Debugger and go through that part mapping without having to wait for the first target load path to finish.

Regards,

Nico