3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2019 11:26 AM by Nico Heinze

Workflow Migration

Kumar M Active Member

Hi Experts,

I have a question regarding Informatica workflow validations after Post prod deployment.

In our environment we always use 2 or 3 Deployment groups for migrating the objects from UAT to Prod environment. As I have only read access to Infa (designer, wf manager and Monitor) but I don't have access to Informatica repository manager  in Prod how do I quickly validate the workflows for the DG's (1,2 & 3) that is migrated from UAT to Prod.  Please let me know if there are any simple ways to validate all the workflows which are present in all the DG's as per the production release. FYI I don't have access to Prod Metadata tables as well.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Workflow Migration
          Nico Heinze Guru

No way which I know of. You can retrieve the contents of deployment groups from the MX views, but if you don't have access to these metadata, then you're out of luck (as far as I know).

May I ask why Prod management (Dev Ops?) doesn't grant you access to the MX views? Selecting data from them can't hurt (except if you're running excessive queries, something which can be easily avoided by working together with them). And - as in your case - these data often are vital for Informatica administrators.

Regards,

Nico

• 2. Re: Workflow Migration
            Kumar M Active Member

Thanks Nico for your comments. I was told I will not be able to access MX views.

As of now this is how I am able to perform the validations after post prod deployment. I will pull all the workflows from in UAT from DG(1, 2, 3)  and then compare the latest version of workflow in prod with the DG name and date.

Please let me know if there is any other better  approach.

• 3. Re: Workflow Migration
              Nico Heinze Guru

I don't see any better approach.

And still I can't understand why the DBAs (or whoever) doesn't give you access to the MX views. What damage would that cause?

Sorry, I'm curious, and I have had many discussions of this kind in the past; I am still trying to teach some DBAs better.

Regards,

Nico