4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2019 3:46 AM by Anurag Chourasia

Table in database to track the task finished by the user?

Vivek Jain New Member

In Informatica PIM when the task is been generated and accepted by the user. The details will be loaded to the "Task" table. Is there is any table in database through which we can track the task completed of the user.

For Eg. I have imported 100 records in PIM. The task will be created to the User Group and in 'Task' table count will update to 100 for the User group.

If the User of that user group accepted the 10 task. In backend the 'Task' table update the count of the task assigned to User Group from 100 to 90 and new row will be added for the user, and it will show count 10 to the user who has accepted the task.

Once the User completed the 10 task and finished the work, count of the 'task' table will update from 10 to 0.

Is there any table in database through which we can track the task completed by the user?

Regards

Vivek.

• 1. Re: Table in database to track the task finished by the user?
          Sai Prasad Guru

Hi Vivek,

There are only 2 tables related to the task in PIM_MAIN database.

• Task
          • TaskNotification

Thank you

Sai Prasad

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Table in database to track the task finished by the user?
            Anurag Chourasia Guru

Hello Sai,

I also has same question which Vivek Jain has asked.

Basically what I have observed that PIM is not keeping track of tasks finished by the user. The tables which you have mentioned holds the count of the tasks which still being worked but once user completes the tasks by finishing the work, count becomes Zero (0) in table which does not serve the purpose.

So basically at the end of the day if I want to generate a report stating user wise tasks completed, I simply can not do that as tables holds the count as Zero for user who has finished their work.

Do you have any such scenario  or have you come across any table other than those 2 ?

Regards

Anurag Chourasia

• 3. Re: Table in database to track the task finished by the user?
              Sai Prasad Guru

Hi Anurag/Vivek,

There is one field in the Task table is "FinishDate". It gives info about when the task got completed if the value is null for that field it means that the task not completed yet. And there one more filed "AcceptanceDate" which gives when the task got accepted by a user there are few other fields like UserId and UserGroupId for which those tasks assigned to. You can explore more in that TASK table further.

Thank you
              Sai Prasad

• 4. Re: Table in database to track the task finished by the user?
                Anurag Chourasia Guru

Hi Sai,

Thanks for update.

So in my case, we have grouped Items under single task e.g. 100 items in single task and then user is accepting 10 of them so in that case in Task table we will see 2 records one is for group where count is 90 and other will be for user who accepted 10 items.

Now when user completes the work for 2 out of 10 items, same record gets updated in DB and count column shows value as 8 as 2 Items has been worked by user and 8 is pending for the task. How can we handle this scenario ?

Regards

Anurag Chourasia