2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2019 9:10 PM by Shu Yamamoto

what port is used for communication and deployment between domains?

Shu Yamamoto Active Member

Hello PowerCenter Users!

I want to Deploy from a testing environment to a production environment in a different domain.

I need to change the FW settings.

Is port number 6005 only used for communication and deployment between domains?

regards.

• 1. Re: what port is used for communication and deployment between domains?
          Pavan kumar Guru

Hi Shu Yamamoto,

For deployment, communication happens through the source and target repository service ports between the servers. The Repository service port will be chosen dynamically when you start the repository service so suggested ensure that all ports between min and max ports of both source and target repositories environments are open bidirectionally to run the deployment.

For example, the DEV repository service is running on 6013 and TEST repository service is running on 7013 then the ports 6013 and 7013 should be open between DEV and TEST servers bidirectionally i.e dev to test and vice versa.

The Repository service port will be chosen dynamically when you start the repository service. You could find the port on which repository service is running by executing 'infacmd ping' command. Since it uses dynamic ports, which might be different every time when you start or recycle the repository service, Its recommended to open all the range of ports between minimum and maximum ports (Admin console > node properties).

Please ensure that all ports between min and max ports of both DEV and TEST environment are open between dev and test servers bidirectionally to run the deployment.

Regards,

Pavan

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: what port is used for communication and deployment between domains?
            Shu Yamamoto Active Member

Hi, Pavan -san

Thank you for your quick reply
            I'll open all the range of ports between min & max ports powercenter uses.