2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2019 6:13 AM by Aryama Ivaturi

Persistent Data Masking in Secure@Source

Aryama Ivaturi Active Member

Hi,

Can someone explain me the difference between the plugins: Persistent Data Masking Big Data Protection Extension and Remote Domain Protection Extension?

As per my understanding, the Big Data Protection Extension is used for Protecting datastores which are of type 'Hive' only and when I select  Big Data Protection extension it means that I can do protection scan only when both TDM and Secure@Source are present in the same server.

The Remote Domain Protection Extension is used for Protecting datastores which are of types Oracle, MSSQL etc only and when I select  Remote Domain Protection extension it means that I can do protection scan only when both TDM and Secure@Source are present in the different server.

So, if I have TDM configured in same machine as Secure@Source, can't I perform Protection scans on datastores  which are of type Oracle

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You

• 1. Re: Persistent Data Masking in Secure@Source
          Abishek M Active Member

By default , when you install the S@S you have the option to create a TDM service . This TDM is the Big Data Management version of TDM and can be used only for Masking Activities on the Big Data Products where Sources can be Hive. 

For using the Data sources like Oracle , MS SQL server you need to install a separate Test Data Management / Persistent Data Masking. This TDM / PDM will be installed on Top of a Regular Informatica PowerCenter and it will be version specific.

For TDM 10.2.0 , 10.2 R1 have PWC 10.2.0 , for TDM 10.2 HF1 have PWC 10.2 HF1 version.

For Big Data Protecting extension , use the TDM which is installed on the S@S server and use for Protecting Big Data Sources like Hive.

For Remote Domain Protection Extension , you need to use the Standalone TDM which is installed and configured on a Separate Informatica Server and use for Protecting Data sources like Oracle , SQL Server etc.

1 of 1 people found this helpful